Friday. The day of kings. And news. Get up to speed with our text and audio bulletin after the break.
- Sony head Howard Stringer has personally apologised for PSNgate. An identity theft insurance system has been set up over the matter in the US – with announcements to come for other regions – and PSN is in the final stages of testing before being put back online.
- A security expert has told Congress that Sony ignored internal reports of network vulnerability months before PSN was hacked in April.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations has been confirmed for a November launch. It’s going to wrap up Ezio’s trilogy.
- IGN has officially bought UGO, including main games site 1UP.
- The Xbox 360 version of LA Noire is to ship on three DVDs. The PS3 SKU fits on one Blu-ray.
That’s it. You can look forward to a weekend full of crying and dark rooms. Just kidding.