Don’t panic. Stay calm. No April fools bollocks here today, so read in the knowledge we’re not to going to (intentionally) “trick” you. Here is everything short-related.
- Newly-crowned Konami VP Hideo Kojima and Square Enix president Yoichi Wada had lunch. Why, we don’t know, but this isn’t a joke.
- After a rumour
earlier this week, Irem has now confirmed it’s cancelled development on Steambot Chronicles 2.
- Square Enix has appointed Megarom Interactive to distribute its game in South Africa. The first titles under the new deal include Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Dungeon Siege III, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy.
- Missing out on the 3DS augmented reality party? There’s a Dissidia 012 AR app for iPhone and iPod Touch. Get it here for $5.
- There’s some BioShock 2 concept art here. It shows a floaty Big Daddy.
- Charity OneBigGame’s releasing an album featuring game composers to help benefit children’s charities. Composers from Unreal Tournament, Far Cry 2, God of War and Age of Empires, as well as Grammy-winning Civilization IV composer Christopher Tin, are all involved.
- “Gameloft Teases NOVA: Elite,” is the headline from IGN. It does what it says on the tin anyways: tease.