It’s all coming up Millhouse for you news hungry folk. Here are the headlines.
- Microsoft announced a ton of news from its San Franciscan showcase last night. Gears of War 3’s multiplayer beta will kick off in mid-April, with players deciding on some of its content. In addition, speaking to Patrick Garratt, Epic’s Rod Fergusson and Chris Perna explained to VG247 in an interview the game’s cover art.
- Also, Fable III PC has been dated for May – with additional DLC for the Lionhead RPG coming next week – Halo: Reach’s second map pack releases on March 15. An additional list of third-party titles was shown off, including Arkham City and Homefront, as well as Kinect stuff. Justin Kranzl has impressions from the event here.
- Bethesda’s released the first in-game footage for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The publisher’s community manager, Nick Breckon, has confirmed the footage was captured from the 360 version.
- Crytek’s confirmed that a multiplayer beta of Crysis 2 is incoming for PS3. The news is mentioned at the end of a trailer which shows the first footage of the PS3 version of the shooter.
- Rockstar’s released the pre-order incentives for LA Noire. Detective suits and exclusive cases are all up for the grabbing, depending on who you pre-order with.
- Gas Powered Games has taken over development of Age of Empires Online. The game, first announced last year at gamescom, was originally being developed by Robot Entertainment. It’s now making Orcs Must Die.
- Mortal Kombat has been banned in Australia. Warner is currently “reviewing all options available at this time.” The ban seems to stem from the fatalities in the game.
Again, no audio. Pat’s on his way back to France as this is being written. It’s back again on Monday.
Hear that sound? It’s the world. It’s calling for you. Accept the charges and be gone.