Nintendo has released a very handy fact sheet for some of its first-party games heading to 3DS.
Below, you will find not only a synopsis for each of the games listed, but gameplay features as well.
Surely there is something below you’re interested in. 3DS is out in March.
KID ICARUS: UPRISING: One of the most beloved franchises in Nintendo’s long history makes its glorious return in spectacular 3D. Pit of Kid Icarus fame is back in a new game designed specifically for the Nintendo 3DS system by Masahiro Sakurai, creator of the Kirby and Super Smash Bros. franchises, and his development team at Project Sora. Kid Icarus: Uprising is a fast-paced and actionpacked blend of aerial and ground-based shooting built on elegantly intuitive and streamlined play control. This follow-up to the original Kid Icarus – released for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1987 – has been at the top of gamers’ wish lists for years.
- Fast-paced and action-packed from the streets to the skies:
- Boasting game play that is easy to pick up but incredibly deep, the game is sure to satisfy novice gamers as well as fans who have been clamoring for a new installment in the franchise. The hero, Pit, teams up with Palutena, the goddess of light, who bestows on him the miracle of flight for limited stretches. With this gift, Pit soars through the skies, shooting down swarms of enemies, then alights and engages in frantic ground-based battles against Medusa’s underworld army.
- Items, weapons and upgrades galore offer an incredibly deep experience:
- Find and collect numerous weapons and items that offer bonuses and ability boosts. Players can choose weapons before they send Pit into battle, giving them countless layers of strategies in each level.
- Players can choose between a basic Blade, basic Claws and a basic Orbitar weapon. Blades are well-balanced, Claws have limited reach but increase running speed and the Orbitars can shoot two shots that grow in power over distance.
NINTENDOGS AND CATS: Nintendogs puppies are back in the palm of your hand on the Nintendo 3DS system, with even cuter and more expressive puppies and, for the first time, kittens! The fun from the original nintendogs game returns, with multiple breeds to choose from, accessories for your puppies and kittens to wear, and the ability to let your puppies and kittens train and compete in different challenges and activities. nintendogs + cats uses the built-in Nintendo 3DS camera and facial-recognition technology to enable your puppies and kittens to react to your real-life movements, mimicking your head tilts and jumping up to lick you as you lean in.
- More than 20 breeds to choose from:
- Each puppy and kitten has unique coloring and personality possibilities.
- Breed choice depends on game version. These include French Bulldog, Toy Poodle and Golden Retriever.
- Puppies and kittens come to life:
- Puppies and kittens look fluffier, softer and more expressive than ever in 3D.
- Adorably life-like puppies and kittens react to your touch and your voice using the built-in camera, touch screen and microphone. The facial-recognition technologies on the Nintendo 3DS even let puppies recognize their owners.
- You can take pictures of your puppies and kittens by simply tapping the camera icon on the screen, which you can save to your album and share with your friends.
- Share your experience with friends and other players:
- Exchange your Mii characters, puppies and kittens, and presents with other nearby players over a wireless connection (StreetPass).
- Seamlessly hop online and download new game content such as new Mii characters and items such as pet accessories (SpotPass)
- Play with your puppies and kittens in your world:
- With the Nintendo 3DS augmented-reality feature, you can watch your puppy play on your dining room table or sit in the palm of your hand.
- You will be able to walk with your puppy and have your steps counted by the built-in pedometer on the Nintendo 3DS system when you have the game inserted and in sleep mode.
- The Journal feature will keep track of your daily activities in the game. You can view other players you’ve encountered with StreetPass, view your pedometer data, etc.
PILOTWINGS RESORT: Pilotwings Resort puts the player in the pilot’s seat as never before in this long-awaited three-dimensional update to the Pilotwings series! Import your Mii characters from the Nintendo 3DS Mii Maker and explore Wuhu Island (the star of Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus) by plane, by hang glider and by rocket belt. Each vehicle type features unique controls that offer a different challenge. Complete around 40 challenging flight missions in Mission Mode to earn stars, or scour Wuhu Island for hundreds of collectible Extras in Free Flight Mode as you unlock interactive 3D Dioramas of various aircraft and famous island monuments. Get a bird’s-eye view of familiar Wuhu Island sites – and a few new ones! You can even share your experiences with friends and family members by taking in-game photos and saving them to the Nintendo 3DS photo album. Pilotwings Resort is an aerial sports game gem that offers amazing 3D views of Wuhu Island.
- Soar through the skies in this classic Nintendo franchise glider, rocket belt or new game play.
- Mission Mode and Free Flight Mode offer a wealth of activities, challenges and game tastes. explore and catalogue points of interest, or fly competitively in missions that are based on time and points.
- Take control of an amazing 3D flying experience with your Mii characters:
- Pilotwings Resort pulls your personal Mii character from the Mii Maker application, and features the Mii as the star of this adventure.
- Pilotwings Resort features a breadth and depth of field that can only be achieved with the 3D effects of Nintendo 3DS, offering a feel and style of play never before seen in an aerial sports game.
- Share the fun with family and friends:
- You can snap photos of postcard-perfect locales on Wuhu Island with the hang glider in Free Flight Mode and as part of select challenges in Mission Flight Mode.
- Photos of your aerial adventures on Wuhu Island may be saved to the Nintendo 3DS photo album and shared with your friends and family.
STAR FOX 64 3D: The Star Fox team triumphantly returns to one of its greatest missions with the remake of Star Fox 64 in full 3D. The entire Star Fox universe spreads out realistically into the depths of the Nintendo 3DS screen while the 3D visuals give the player a clearer grasp of distance and position. This makes the game more approachable and intuitive, thereby allowing players to focus on the action. Star Fox 64 3D also puts the two screens of the Nintendo 3DS system to use, with the top screen featuring 3D game play and the bottom screen displaying the various characters and their dialogue.
- 3D update of Star Fox 64: A complete graphical update brings a Nintendo classic into the glasses-free 3D age.
- Multiplayer: A new multiplayer option lets up to four players engage in fierce dogfighting action via a local wireless connection on their Nintendo 3DS systems. Multiplayer mode features new power-ups and weapons.
- Thrilling new features ups the Star Fox mania
- The new Score Attack Mode allows the player to revisit any planet and play for a high score on that level.
- New features also allow first-time players to enjoy the excitement of Star Fox.
STEEL DIVER: What started out as a tech-demo for Nintendo DS is now a new action-packed submarine combat game from Nintendo that immerses players in the 3D action with unique game controls and lush 3D environments. In Steel Diver, the player can choose from three different submarines, each with touch-screen control panels that players will have to master to guide them through treacherous undersea caverns while engaging enemy submarines, dodging depth charges and battling massive sea creatures. Steel Diver also takes advantage of the built-in gyroscope of the Nintendo 3DS system. The combination of 3D game play and one-of-a-kind controls makes for an immersive combination that must be experienced to be believed.
- Use touch-screen controls to guide submarines through lush, undersea 3D environments.
- Branching paths, split-second decisions and attacks from enemy ships make for a thrilling undersea adventure.
- Multiple ways to play
- Missions: Players manipulate control panels on the touch screen to control the sub’s speed, depth and pitch, and to fire torpedoes as they make their way toward the end of each level. If the sub takes damage and starts taking on water, players can use the stylus on the touch screen to stop the leak. There is also a time attack mode that challenges the player to get through levels as quickly as possible.
- Periscope Strike: The gyroscope for the Nintendo 3DS system allows players to control the periscope view by rotating their bodies. Players use the touch screen to fire a well-placed torpedo and take enemies out.
- Steel Commander: In this two-player strategy mode, a local wireless connection pits player against player. The game is a top-down, turn-based “chess-like” game that puts players in command of a fleet of ships and a sub. Once players locate a ship, they enter Periscope Mode and blast it out of the water.
- Immersive undersea graphics: The 3D in Steel Diver makes players feel like they are peering into an aquarium, with the action unfolding right before their eyes.
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME 3DS: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D takes the Nintendo 64 classic – one of the most critically acclaimed games ever made – and returns it to the Nintendo 3DS system with the added depth and realism of stunning, glassesfree 3D visuals. In this game, Link sets off on a legendary journey through time to stop Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves who is seeking the Triforce, a holy relic that gives its holder ultimate power. The graphical upgrades and three-dimensional depth breathe new life into the expansive world of Hyrule. An improved and intuitive interface, coupled with the easier navigation offered by playing in a world with 3D visuals, give players better control as they solve puzzles, travel through time and explore this immersive world. Whether you’re a first-time player or a regular visitor to Hyrule, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a new adventure for everyone.
- Retains the analog control of the original with the Circle Pad on Nintendo 3DS, but greatly improves ease of use with a touch-based inventory system.
- Switching items has never been simpler or quicker.
- Players can also use the first-person shooting (camera-controlled) feature utilizing the gyro sensor.