The Monster Hunter Portable 3rd behemoth continued its domination of the Japanese sales charts in the lead up to Christmas.
Meanwhile, Parasite Eve spin-off The 3rd Birthday debuted in sixth place with 140,476 units, and Pokémon Black & White held tenaciously to fourth at 164,950.
Other titles refusing to die include Donkey Kong Returns, Kirby’s Epic Yarn and Wii Party, with Nintendo’s systems easily making up the majority of entries, and only one PS3 title – anime mecha button-masher Gundam Musou 3 – making an appearance.
The top 20 is listed in full below, with this week’s figures beside total sales.
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP) – 404,175 / 3,565,976
- AKB1/48: Idol to Koishitara… (PSP) – 236,282 / NEW
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) – 213,518 / 529,818
- Pokemon Black / White (DS) – 164,950 / 4,909,161
- Wii Party (Wii) – 162,135 / 1,573,959
- The 3rd Birthday (PSP) – 140,476 / NEW
- Mario Sports Mix (Wii) – 136,295 / 435,829
- Inazuma Eleven 3: Sekai e no Chousen! The Ogre (DS) – 117,504 / 293,108
- Ni no Kuni (DS) – 84,115 / 328,992
- Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Otana (DS) – 74,255 / 249,450
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem (DS)
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn (DS)
- Wii Sports Resort with Wii Remote Plus (Wii)
- Gundam Musou 3 (PS3)
- Super Kasekihorida (DS)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Minna de Party * 3-Yome! (Wii)
- Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
- Super Mario All-Stars Collection (Wii)
- Tamagotchi no Narikiri Challenge (DS)