Koei Tecmo has released quite a bit of media for Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll in the way of new screens and six gameplay clips.
The firm also released a new fact sheet for the game, which we’ve posted in full below.
A king will die at the hands of his own offspring, reads the prophecy of Chancellor Zofor….
TRINITY: Souls of Zill O’ll delivers an unforgettable journey through a world in peril. Players take control of three heroic characters as their quest takes them through a fantastic world filled with vast fields, mysterious cities and dark chambers.
According to myth, the continent of Vyashion, as well as the physical world, was created by the god Notoon. Although universally worshipped across the continent, the people’s shared faith in Notoon failed to bring about a unified society. Vyashion’s many races – human, elf and vampire – have maintained an uneasy peace amongst each other and must now come together to fight the evil King Balor.
Players will use a unique team-based system to switch between each of the three characters – a warrior, a wizard and an assassin – on the fly and unleash combo attacks that use both magic and physical prowess to defeat the countless creatures and towering minions of King Balor.
- High Adventure: Brought together by fate, the three adventurers in your party must work together to explore Vyashion’s fields, dungeons and towns, collect items, survive encounters with mythological beasts and ultimately defeat the evil King Balor.
- Party Dynamic: An innovative team system lets you alternate between each of the three characters: a warrior, a wizard/swordsman and an assassin. Magic abilities and physical offensives can be used together to unleash combo attacks.
- Interactive Environments: A completely interactive world filled with strategic possibilities. Uncover new paths by destroying objects, set areas aflame or freeze them with spell casting, and tear through a bevy of different locales as you journey the continents.
- Non-Linear Adventure: The game’s story, told in an open non-linear format, offers a unique adventure depending on how you play.
- Endless Possibilities : Throughout the game, dozens of side quests and hidden opportunities add more adventures and depth to an already rich experience.
- Legendary Characters: Play as Areus, a cynical young wizard and swordsman; Dagda, a renowned warrior known for fighting bare-handed; Selene, a vampire assassin who excels at unconventional combat techniques.
Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll will be released exclusively on PS3 in the US on February 8.