Nintendo has added more games to its WiiWare and DSiWare services, with the former getting the cool looking Fluidity.
The hydro-action game will run you 1200 Wii Points on WiiWare, and there’s a demo version of the game on service if you’d like to try before you buy. There’s a trailer posted for it below, courtesy of GameTrailers.
There’s also some other arcade classics available for download as well. See for yourself below.
- Fluidity (1200 WP): A magical illustrated encyclopedia called Aquaticus has been tainted by a vial of evil ink called the Influence. As a pool of water that can take on alternate forms of ice and steam, you must overcome obstacles scattered across the pages of Aquaticus and save it from the corruptive Influence. Tilt and twist your Wii Remote™ controller to use the various forms and properties of water on your free-flowing journey through Aquaticus, where every page has multiple panels and illustrations that come to life. Tackle problems and defeat enemies to reveal magical Rainbow Drops, each of which will restore some of Aquaticus’ power and allow it to open more chapters and grant you new powers. These additional powers, such as sticking to objects as a block of ice or shooting bolts of lightning as a steam cloud, will be essential to destroying the Influence and its minions. Along the way, you can also test your ingenuity and reflexes by finding hidden puzzle pieces. These pieces unlock playrooms that give you the opportunity to use the skills you’ve learned and race against the clock to complete as many challenges as possible. These challenges won’t affect your quest to restore Aquaticus’ powers, but everyone needs a break now and again, right? Fluidity offers the chance to slosh and slide your way through an imaginative environment filled with challenging adventures. Are you ready to dive into this unique experience?
- Racers’ Islands – Crazy Arenas (600 WP, 1-4 players): Do you like unusual motor sports challenges? Racers’ Islands – Crazy Arenas includes five wacky activities/challenges: a golden totem to capture in a lost temple, a wild ascent to an infernal mountain peak, an ice hockey tournament between racing cars, a paintball contest powered by engines and a time bomb to toss to your opponents as quickly as possible. During these frenzied events, players must drive with one hand while aiming with the other.
- Fireplacing (500 WP):Turn your television into a virtual fireplace equipped with realistic graphics and a fire effect that will almost make you want to warm your hands by it. Prepare the wood, light the fire and stoke it. Or, if you prefer, choose the Automatic option to have the fireplace on your screen while you eat with your family, celebrate with friends or dine with your partner. There are fireplaces for every occasion.
- Wolf of the Battlefield: COMMANDO (800 WP, 1-2 players): Experience the Capcom arcade game that spawned a multitude of clones as the original commando comes to your living room courtesy of the Virtual Console service. Take control of Super Joe and shoot your way upwards into enemy territory, using grenades to wreak havoc with enemy placements in this seminal genre creator.
- SONSON (800 WP, 1-2 players): Experience the original adventures of the Monkey King in this action-packed side-scrolling adventure. Rapidly switch between different levels of play to shoot dangerous enemies in the face. A truly original concept, this quirky, old-school arcade classic has been hard to find in the West since its arcade debut in 1984 – until now!
- Dairojo! Samurai Defenders (800 DSi Points, 1-2 players): On the awakening of the Edo period, Shoguns fight ferocious battles to win over the Land of the Rising Sun. From Kumamoto to Tsuruga, six emblematic castles are under siege by implacable ninjas attacking from land and air. Strategically position your spears, archers, gunners, generals and cannons. Promote their ranks and wisely employ the smoke bombs and rice balls to your advantage. But don’t get overly confident – the art of war of Hana, the Geisha, is a reminder that appearances can be deceptive. Four game-play modes include Score Attack, Normal Mode, Random Mode and Versus (via DS Download Play). The game also includes a Fast Forward function and several degrees of difficulty.
- Space Ace (800 DSi Points): Play as the heroic Ace and stop the evil Commander Borf from taking over the Earth. Borf plans to reduce all of humankind to infants and take over the planet. Only two people have the courage and strength to stop Borf and save Earth: the beautiful Kimberly and the heroic Ace. But as they approach Borf’s stronghold, Ace is changed into a child by the Infanto Ray and Kimberly is kidnapped by the evil madman. Space Ace is a fully animated arcade classic from legendary animator Don Bluth. You’ll make your way through bizarre new worlds by using your Nintendo DSi™ system to move and fire your laser gun. Beware of your foes, as they are numerous. The fate of Earth is in your hands.
- Rytmik Rock Edition (200 DSi Points): Rytmik Rock Edition is an application for creating rhythmic and melodic themes and composing full songs. It contains more than 130 carefully selected sound samples of drums, keyboards, bass, lead and rhythm guitars. With Rytmik Rock Edition you can quickly and easily create the basic building block: an audio clip. It consists of musical notations for up to four instruments that you may transpose, select their location in the stereo field and modify their volume, polyphony and echo. You may arbitrarily combine up to 128 such clips in four tracks and create complex pieces of music. You also have a rhythm library and a varied collection of 10 pre-made compositions at your disposal. For the best musical experience, listen using headphones or a quality speaker system (not included).