Square’s taken a glass half-full approach to its Q2 financials, which is really quite admirable.
Even if it is a really small glass.
The Japanese giant’s sales dropped to 68056 million yen from 90561 million during the same period last year. Operating income, too, turned a sickly shade of green, falling by more than half – from 13091 million to 5712 million yen.
Bleak, right? Well, it could be bleaker. Operating income actually surpassed the company’s dismal forecasts thanks to the longevity of older titles like Just Cause 2 and Final Fantasy XIII. With that said, numbers! Because everyone likes those.
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2: 1.28 million (JPN)
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days: 1.12 million (0.02 JPN, 0.39 NA, 0.71 EU)
- Final Fantasy XIV: 0.63 million (0.19 JPN, 0.21 NA, 0.23 EU)
- Just Cause 2: 0.56 million (0.05 JPN, 0.26 NA, 0.25 EU)
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: 0.51 million (0.01 JPN, 0.31 NA, 0.19 EU
Shareholders, exits are to the left. No setting yourself on fire and leaping out of windows until you’re safely off the premises, please.