Who needs NPD?
Fable III’s dethroned Fallout: New Vegas from the number one spot in the UK charts, with the Lionhead RPG selling 128k in its first week.
The sales numbers coming via industry bigwig UKIE (thanks, Psychotext).
The RPG dethroned Bethesda’s Fallout: New Vegas from the number one spot in the UK charts, making the Lionhead title the third number one this year in the UK for Microsoft following Halo: Reach and Crackdown 2.
Furthermore, it outsold its prequel Fable II by 6,000 units, making it not just the 13th biggest launch in Xbox 360 history, but also the fourth in the UK for the console this year.
New Vegas lands at three, while FIFA 11 is second.
Just Dance 2 and new entrant Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II finish the top five.
Other new entries WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 gets speared at seven, while the console version of The Sims 3 is at nine.
Full top ten for the week ending October 30 is below along with the sales numbers. Last week’s data is here.
- Fable III (Lionhead Studios, Microsoft Game Studios) [128,895]
- FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA) [75,703]
- Fallout: New Vegas (Obsidian Entertainment, Bethesda) [69,613 / 223,689]
- Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Ubisoft) [58,375]
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (LucasArts, LucasArts) [56,064]
- Medal of Honor (Danger Close/DICE, EA) [48,650]
- WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (Yukes, THQ) [47,785]
- Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Level 5, Nintendo) [45,470 / 104,818]
- The Sims 3 (EA Games, EA) [28,624]
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Team PES, Konami) [26,732]