Sorry, no Super Meat Boy 2 for you

By Stephany Nunneley, Tuesday, 26 October 2010 22:19 GMT


Team Meat has said it has another game planned, but it’s not Super Meat Boy 2.


Speaking with Eurogamer, co-CEO Edmund McMillen said the firm’s future plans revolve instead around something “totally new”.

“We’d be lying if we said we hadn’t talked about the next game – because we very much have,” he said, “but thinking about it right now makes me want to stab myself in the stomach as hard as I can. With a gun.

“I can safely say we’re not going to hire more people. I seriously doubt we’ll ever try to get a publisher deal as that seems like the most awful thing ever. That just means we have to have more people telling us what we can and can’t do with our game and that seems bad.”

Meanwhile, the team – which consists solely of McMillen and co-CEO Tommy Refenes – are taking a much deserved rest until starting on their next project.

“Realistically, for indies especially, in order to really make your dream game you have to sacrifice your life. And we quite literally sacrificed a good 18 months of our lives for the game. And I hope it shows,” said McMillen, adding that he has yet to see a check for his Super Meat Boy troubles.

Hopefully the duo will see some funds soon, as the Meaty title was released on XBL Arcade last week.

PC and Wii versions are expected to hit later this year.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.