Get all the news from the EA TGS press conference after the break, including first details on the Suda51-Mikami horror title, Shadows of the Damned, a new look at Alice and more.
- Mikami and Suda confirmed their EAP horror game as Shadows of the Damned, as leaked from Famitsu this morning. The title sees the protaganist, Garcia Hotspur, going to Hell to save a loved one. A string of screens were shown, displaying the “punk rock” stylings lent by Suda. The title was described as “really intense,” but has “light moments.” It’s also “very dark,” Suda said. A trailer was then aired. Garcia rode up to the gates of Hell on a motrobike, shouted “let the bloodbath begin” and booted the lock open. We saw ninja star-type weapons, a crossbow, guns, Gothic environments and a horse. It didn’t look as though it was taking itself too seriously. It’s out next “summer” for PS3 and 360. Get fuller details on it here. There’s a press release here. Get shots and concept art on Kotaku. Here’s the video:
- Dead Space 2 was shown. Well, sort of. Marketer Matt Bendett showed off the Dead Space Extraction, which will only ship in the limited edition on PS3, using Move. Various weapons were seen cutting enemies apart. Drop-in, two-player co-op was also shown, and the point was made that Move isn’t needed to play – a normal PS3 pad will work too.
- American McGee talked about Alice: Madness Returns. The revamp starts in London, with the insane little girl getting sucked back down the rabbit hole. She’s “strong, beautiful and confident” and is searching for “the truth”. There’s a lot of madness going on, as you’d expect. The Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat were confirmed as characters: they’re both mad. Every enemy is a puzzle. A new video showed Alice walking around a snowy London before getting dragged into a burning puppet show. Creepy. There are some new pieces of art below. Here’s the video, courtesy of Joystiq:
- My Garden was announced for 3DS, EA’s first confirmed product for the system. It looks like Viva Piñata. You tend a garden and attract animals to it, and it uses the console’s bespoke features, so you can shake the console to wake animals up. It’s a 3DS launch game, and they said more information on dates would come “next month”. Get the first shots below. The game includes six unique gardens to nurture and over 300 plants to collect. The game’s helper thing is called Tanuki. You can take photos, share them, blah. It’s going to get a global launch.
- Create, which was previously announced, was confirmed to be releasing all platforms in November. Four-player stuff was shown. It really looks like LBP but with no central character. There are share options, obviously, and Move support for PS3.
- The MMA Japan cover star announced: it’s something Yoshida. A fight with Tatsuya Kawajiri was shown. It’s releasing on October 19 in US and November 11 in Japan.