Doublesix has announced Burn Zombie Burn will finally arrive on Steam August 5.
Published by P2 Games, and already available on PSN, players step into the shoes of Bruce who must take down a bunch of zombies who ruined his date with gal pal Daisy.
The PC version will feature the standard Freeplay, Defend Daisy and Timed modes, as well as a new Survival mode, and an Extreme difficulty mode.
Included in the PC version is a strategy guide and comic, both instructing you on the best way to deal with the date killers.
Other features within Burn Zombie Burn are (per the press release):
- Six levels inspired by American horror movies: The Woods, Graveyard, Suburbia, Drive-In, Military Base and Secret Lab.
- Ten custom Challenge levels including: ‘My Exploding Zombie Head!’ (kick your Exploding Zombie Head around the map, shoot to detonate); Zombie Zapper (trick those zombies into running into your brand new zombie disposal device); ‘Zombies Ate My Teddy!’ (zombies are after your teddy, you must stop them!) and ‘Lawn of the Dead!’ (a lawnmower and a lot of zombies).
- Eight zombie types to burn, each with their own behavioral patterns, strengths and weaknesses: Normal, Exploders, Crazies, Dancers, Rushers, Riots, Noxious and the Super Zombie!
- Choose from a fantastic range of classic horror-movie weapons to dish out some zombie hurt including: the baseball bat, the shotgun, the chainsaw, the lawnmower and some new additions: the Dance Gun and Brain Gun!
- Then eviscerate some more undead with your explosives. You can upgrade your Timed Explosives to Proximity Mines or Remote Explosives for your zombie-blasting convenience!
- Set fire to zombies to net a big score multiplier. The more zombies on fire, the bigger your multiplier and the quicker your score rises.
- 15 Steam Achievements.