Update: This is the full cover for the special edition. Thanks, Alex.
Original: Square’s announced that Final Fantasy XIV will release for PC worldwide on September 30, with a special edition hitting Europe beforehand on September 22.
It’s also been announced that the PS3 version has been delayed into March 2011.
“This September, players around the world will join together to explore the fascinating and exciting realm of Eorzea,” said executive producer Hiromichi Tanaka in the press release.
“We’re presenting players with a new style of online gameplay, that we know will please avid fans of online games, but welcome more casual gamers as well with the variety of gameplay and story-driven content.”
Here’s what you can expect from the PC Collector’s Edition:
- Adventurers Branded Tumbler: Carry a small piece of Eorzea around with you with this branded tumbler
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD: Get an insider look at the making of FFXIV with exclusive video content, interviews and more in this special documentary DVD
- Early access: Play a few days prior to the release of the PC Standard Edition
- Free Gameplay: 30-day free gameplay
- Game Disc
- Game Manual
- Guest Pass: Invite a friend to play free for a limited time
- Map of Eorzea: A detailed map showing the key areas of Eorzea, essential for the committed traveller
- Security Token: A FFXIV branded Security Token used in addition to your regular password
- Travel Journal: Record your travels in this journal filled with pages of never-before-seen concept art
A Beta for the PC version will begin early next month, with the exact date to be announced.