And you thought MMOs were the only kind of horror time-sink.
Reaching Rank 50 in Bad Company 2 takes around 282 hours – or 11 days and 18 hours – to reach, Joystiq reports.
That’s according to Darius Kazemi, president of Orbus Gameworks, a consulting company that helps game developers keep track of what players are doing in-game.
The average Rank 50 player has invested 295 hours to attain the goal.
Think about that.
Here’s a breakdown of Kazemi’s data:
Average times spent playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2:
- Rank 1-10 players spent 3-24 hours in-game
- Rank 11-20 players spent 25-44 hours in-game
- Rank 21-30 players spent 48-100 hours in-game
- Rank 31-40 players spent 111-221 hours in-game
- Rank 41-50 players spent 228-295 hours in-game
That’s a lot of time. Shooting people in the face really will never be boring, will it?