Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, first announced for Japan at TGS 09, has been confirmed for release in Europe and North America.
Created by the original director of the Ace Attorney franchise, Phantom Detective introduces, Sissel, a murder victim who becomes a ghost and gains a special power to posses and manipulate objects.
He’s lost all of his memories from life, though, and must use his new powers to get to the bottom of his suspicious death while changing the fate of those around him.
Here’s the cast of characters:
- Sissel: The main character, who has suffered not only the loss of his life, but also his memories tonight. Now, thanks to some special powers he got upon dying, he’s out to solve the mystery behind his death. But it won’t be easy; thanks to his amnesia, he doesn’t even remember his own name.
- Lynne: An idealistic rookie detective with a passion for justice. She was supposedly at the crime scene when Sissel was killed, and like Sissel, is marked for death. But Sissel is not about to just let her die right in front of him.
- Jeego: A mysterious hitman known as “Nearsighted Jeego.” He is an expert sniper at point-blank range who is never without his trusty golden shotgun. His biggest hang-up is wearing glasses.
- Kamila: A young girl with a love of donuts and reading. She is waiting for someone at home with her faithful dog, Missile. On the stove is dinner, which she cooks while she waits, but due to a twist of fate, she will find herself in the middle of the night’s events.
- Missile: A 2-year-old Pomeranian that loves his owner, Kamila, unconditionally. His hobby is barking as much and as loudly as he can. He believes it’s his duty to protect Kamila, and thanks to a twist of fate,he will be given a chance to do so this very night.
It’s slated for DS this winter.
More information is available in the fact sheet below.
Director Shu Takumi, the original creator of Capcom’s Ace Attorney series, is back with a frighteningly fun adventure for the Nintendo DS. In Ghost Trick (working title for North America and Europe), players will follow the story of Sissel, an amnesiac ghost who must use his ghostly powers to protect the lives of innocent people while attempting to uncover the secrets behind his own untimely demise.
Sissel has the unique ability to possess and manipulate objects within the world. Using these abilities to his advantage, he returns to the 4 minutes before a character’s death to change their fate.
Ghost Trick is a story of mystery and intrigue that blends fun logic puzzles with the world of the supernatural, making for an entirely new and unique experience in the handheld gaming space. Part adventure game, part puzzle game, Ghost Trick’s gameplay will challenge player’s brains while its distinct art elements and character designs will deliver the fun.
• The original creator/director of Phoenix Wright brings a new title to the Nintendo DS
• Manipulate the physical world through supernatural possession – take control of inanimate objects and change the world!
• Change the fates of those around you – return to the four minutes before a character’s death to stop it from happening
• Text adventure combined with logic puzzles makes for an exciting new challenge on the Nintendo DS
• Over a dozen engaging chapters filled with entertaining, interrelated puzzles
• Unique visual style and character designs