THQ as released a new video for the Chaos Rising expansion to Dawn of War II.
In it, lead designer Daniel Kading gives a behind-the-scenes look at Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Chaos Rising and the multiplayer units included.
He chats a bit about the Weirdboy, Genestealer, and Wraithguard – which all look like you’re going to want them in some capacity.
Here’s a breakdown of the multiplayer units for you:
- Librarian (Space Marines) – Psyker unit capable of powerful damage and support spells. Inspires surrounding marines when killing in melee.
- Weirdboy (Orks) – The Weirdboy is a long range support unit and caster. Charge his energy by putting him near da boyz and having them shout.
- Wraithguard (Eldar) – Slow moving short range heavy infantry, they move more quickly with a warlock nearby but are stunned if the warlock dies.
- Genestealer Brood (Tyranids) – An elite melee unit that infiltrates after staying still for enough time. Adrenal Rush ability grants increased speed, lifesteal and increased damage.
- Tyrant Guard (Tyranids) – A large durable melee unit, moves faster in synapse. Can use the Shieldwall ability which regenerates health and reduces incoming damage.
All the units will be free for existing DoW 2 players upon release.
The expansion’s out March 11 in the US
Check the video out over on Rock, Paper, Shotgun.