Valve has issued a patch for Left 4 Dead 2 and the L4D2 SDK, with map fixes, PZ bots enabling, and other goodies.
VAC users can now play single-player, and folks can no longer quit before they’re kicked out in voting.
Here’s the list of changes (thanks, Blue):
- Now ghost PZ’s can never be staggered
- Enabled PZ bots
- PZ bots use their more aggressive survival mode behavior in versus and scavenge
- Enabled finale manual spawn by default
- Fixed human PZ players not getting counted when they were dead, allowing extra PZ bots to spawn
- Reduced effectiveness of melee weapons against the Tank ( 5% of max health, from 10% )
- Fixed a case where a player who dies, then is rescued from a rescue closet, and then is revived from a ledge hang receives the secondary weapon that he lost when he was initially killed
- Improved SurvivorBot AI in cases where the bots refused to shoot through their teammates and became non-responsive
- Fixed issue with witch sometimes taking on uncommon common properties
- Fix for cheaters quitting before the vote to kick them would succeed and avoiding ban on server
- VAC banned users can now play L4D2 single-player, commentary mode and credits
- Dark Carnival Fair Ground: added env_player_blocker to keep special infected from getting stuck
- Dark Carnival Fair Ground: added navigation area that was missing
- Dark Carnival Fair Ground: Disconnected drops that were blocked by the top of a fence
- Swamp Fever Plank Country: Deleted 2 nav areas that connected between tree trunks you can’t pass through
- Swamp Fever Shanty Town: Redrew ladder thinner so special infected could climb up to the roof
- The Parish Waterfront: Fixed various navigation areas
- Mall: Tuned spawning for difficulty
- Added missing nature/blend tooltextures added
- Added missing cs models/textures
- Added missing acunit01 model/texture
- Added missing ammo_can_02 model/texture
- Added missing patio_chair model/texture
The patch is automatic upon logging into the game.
Now, go kill some zombies.