Square Enix has announced the collector’s edition of Final Fantasy XIII.
The package is for both PS3 and 360. It contains:
- Final Fantasy XIII: Original Sound Collection (Soundtrack)
- The World of Final Fantasy XIII (Artbook showing character artworks, CG backgrounds and enviroments)
- Art Prints (Postcards showing summons in the game like Odin, Shiva, etc.)
- A unique brand of the l’Cie decal
It pretty much lines-up to the listing that was leaked from GameStop Italy during the week.
It launches alongside the regular version, worldwide on Tuesday, March 9.
Shots of both covers and what it’ll contain are below, along with the PR.
SQUARE ENIX UNVEILS FINAL FANTASY XIII LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION
Friday 22nd January/…Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces a LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION of FINAL FANTASY®XIII will be available at launch.
FINAL FANTASY XIII, the latest project in the multi-platinum FINAL FANTASY series will be available for both the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on 9th March 2010.
The LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION, which will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, will comprise the FINAL FANTASY XIII game; FINAL FANTASY XIII Original Sound Selection – an exclusive soundtrack CD featuring in-game music tracks especially chosen for the Limited Collector’s Edition by composer Masashi Hamauzu; The World of FINAL FANTASY XIII – a hardback book featuring character artwork, CG rendered artwork and environments from across the game’s production; Exclusive Art Prints – three highly collectable prints showing artwork of the Eidolons, the powerful summoned allies of the lead playable characters; and a Unique ‘Brand of the l’Cie’ decal – a collectible decal featuring the most iconic symbol from the game’s storyline. The LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION will be available in a branded presentation box.
Larry Sparks, Vice President Brands PAL Region of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “FINAL FANTASY XIII is one of the most anticipated entertainment releases of all time and we’re pleased to announce this LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION for fans across PAL territories, the contents of which have been individually selected by the FINAL FANTASY XIII development team.”
About FINAL FANTASY XIII
FINAL FANTASY XIII marks the dawning of a new era for the celebrated series, bringing the game to multiple hi-definition consoles simultaneously for the first time in its history.
Expanding upon the rich tradition of the series, producer Yoshinori Kitase (FINAL FANTASY VII, X, X-2), director Motomu Toriyama (FINAL FANTASY VII, X, X-2), character designer Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V, VI, VII, VIII, X) and art director Isamu Kamikokuryo (FINAL FANASY X, XII) combine their creative vision to deliver the latest masterpiece in the FINAL FANTASY universe. Additionally, Masashi Hamauzu (FINAL FANTASY X, DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII-) presents a sweeping soundtrack while movie director Takeshi Nozue (FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN) and his team of artists adorn the game with seamless cinematic sequences of unparalleled calibre.
For more information about FINAL FANTASY XIII, please visit the Official Website at www.finalfantasy13game.com
Limited Collector’s Edition features
Branded presentation box containing the FINAL FANTASY XIII game, plus:
* FINAL FANTASY XIII Original Sound Selection: Soundtrack CD including a selection of music tracks from the game that are especially chosen for this Limited Collector’s Edition by composer Masashi Hamauzu. The CD is presented inside a slipcase featuring artwork from FINAL FANTASY XIII, and also liner notes that are written by the composer.
* The World of FINAL FANTASY XIII: Hardback book featuring character artwork, CG rendered artwork and environments from across the game production.
* Unique ‘Brand of the l’Cie’ decal: Collectible decal featuring this most iconic symbol from the game storyline.
Update: As you may have noticed, Square didn’t mention a price for neither addition.
It’ll cost you 5,999 pennys, otherwise known as £59.99.
That’s £10 more then the RRP for the normal edition, with the retailer selling it for £39.99