Valve has announced an update on the ratings status of Left 4 Dead 2 in Australia, and says it plans to appeal being refused classification.
According to a statement from Valve:
“The title has been rated in the majority of the world and awaiting final ratings in the UK and New Zealand, where final ratings are expected in the coming days. Meanwhile, the ruling in Australia from the OFLC has been appealed by Valve.”
Here is a look at the status of L4D2 ratings:
- PEGI (continental Europe) – 18+
- ESRB (North America) – M
- CERO (Japan) -Z (corresponds to Mature in US)
- IFCO (Ireland) – Approved the title for classification
- USK (Germany) – 18+
- Singapore – Mature 18
- FPB (South Africa) – 18+
- KGRB (Korea) -18+
- OLFC New Zealand – In progress
- BBFC (UK) – In progress
- OFLC Australia – Refused to rate on September 17. Appealed September 23.
Hopefully, Valve can get this cleared up before the game is released November 17.