US sales figures are the best. The highs; the lows; mainly the lows: it all adds up for an explosive mix of numbers, arrows and worried executives worrying about worrying.
Steph pulled the August figures to bits last night. See the result.
- August NPD: US game industry still in decline by 16%
- August NPD: Software sales – Madden NFL 10 clear winner
- August NPD Hardware: PS3 sales boosted by 72% over July
- Riccitiello says Madden NFL 10 sales are “discouraging”
- August NPD: Music game sales are down 46%
- Nintendo’s take on August NPD: DS sold twice as many units as any other system
- NPD: Households with kids up to 12 years account for 45% of industry’s revenue
- Pachter: Wii unit sales 50% below last year’s level, September sales to repeat
- Microsoft’s take on August NPD: “Only console to show overall growth this year”