Loads of dialogue is being mashed into Star Wars: The Old Republic, according to the game’s director of audio and localization, Shauna Perry.
Considering MMOs are not ones for loads of chatter, that’s saying quite a bit, literally.
Here are some facts:
- The Old Republic will have ten times more lines than Knights of the Old Republic
- On any given day, there can be a dozen people working on voice-over — not including actors
- By the time the game ships, they will have recorded 1,000 four-hour VO sessions.
- The game’s entire script has 40+ novels worth of content
- The’re working with hundreds of actors in five cities: New York, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Toronto.