Warner announced today via a lovely mailer that the second episode for Watchmen: The End is Nigh will be released on PS3 and Xbox 360.
The breakdown on pricing and dates is a bit strange, but here goes.
- Xbox Live version of Part 2 will run you $15 Xbox and will release August 26.
- The Xbox 360 retail two-pack will sell for $30 on July 21.
- PS3 owners can get it on July 21 but need to purchase Watchmen: The End is Nigh The Complete Experience (director’s cut of the film and both games) which will run $50.
- DLC for PC and PS3 will be released on July 30 for $15
If you are not still with us, the full thing is through the page fold.
Developed by Deadline Games A/S and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Watchmen: The End is Nigh is a hardcore mature action brawler featuring bloody visceral combat in settings reminiscent of the film.
Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 1 takes place more than a decade before the film’s main story, delving into the partnership of urban vigilantes Rorschach and Nite Owl before the hero-banning Keene Act. In Part 2, the duo team up again as Rorschach contacts Nite Owl to help solve the case of a missing girl, Violet Greene.
Providing Watchmen fans with a variety of purchase options, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is proud to announce that Watchmen: The End is Nigh will be offered in the following formats:
- Watchmen: The End is Nigh The Complete Experience is an innovative, retail Blu-ray Hi-Def game and film hybrid which will include Watchmen: The End is Nigh Parts 1 and 2 and the Watchmen: Director’s Cut on Blu-ray. This new cut of the action-packed blockbuster includes an additional 25 minutes of footage not seen in theaters, available only on Blu-ray and DVD. The two-disc collectible set will also feature exclusive artwork in a premium package. The game will be playable on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system which can also play the Blu-ray disc of Watchmen: Director’s Cut. The Watchmen: The End is Nigh The Complete Experience will be available on July 21 for a suggested retail price of $49.99.
- Watchmen: The End is Nigh Parts 1 and 2 will be released as a single game available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on July 21 for a suggested retail price of $29.99.
- Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2 will be available for download on PC on July 29 and PlayStation®Network on July 30 for a suggested retail price of $14.99 and on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on August 26 for 1200 Microsoft Points.