First proper DJ Hero details have come out from the latest Game Informer, confirming the game has an extra component to its controller not seen in recently released shots.
The unit has a cross-fader, effects dial and a “euphoria” button, as well as the d-pad and normal controller buttons.
Notes cascade towards the player as you’d expect, but there are only three tracks in the game – a fourth is supplied by the cross-fader.
Here’s a partial set list. Looks really “hardcore”.
- “Feel Good Inc.” (Gorillaz) vs “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” (Marvin Gaye)
- “Jayou” (Jurassic 5) vs “Rockit” (Herbie Hancock)
- “Bustin’ Loose” (Chuck Brown) vs “Time of the Season” (The Zombies, DJ Shadow Mix)
- “All Apologies” (Nirvana) vs “Give It to Me Baby” (Rick James, DJ Shadow Mix)
- “Let’s Dance” (David Bowie) vs “Jack of Spades” (KRS One, DJ Shadow Mix)
- “Shout” (Tears for Fears) vs “Pjanoo” (Eric Prydz)