Now. We received a postcard from Italy this morning, showing a Venice scene. The postmark, however, isn’t Venetian. There’s nothing written on it at all. Hit the link to see a hi-res shot.
There’s a few reasons why there’s almost certainly something fishy going on here:
- The image shows Venice. Seen Venice in the news recently?
- There’s a plaque on the right sporting the words “Da Vinci”. Seen Da Vinci in the news recently?
- We don’t know anyone in Venice, from Venice, or related to Venice in any way.
- It’s highly unlikely anyone we do know in Italy would send us a postcard of Venice.
- We run a videogames website. This is probably about a videogame.
We’ve asked Ubi for comment. Take a look for yourself.