ScrewAttack’s posted up a bunch of supposed details on Assassin’s Creed 2 from the next issue of Game Informer.
Get it all after the break. Obviously, there’s a ton of spoiler detail here, so don’t look if you want to be in any way surprised when the game releases later this year.
Oh, and take all this with a pinch of salt. The GI subs issues don’t hit until next week.
– You’ll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
– You CAN swim
– Da Vincis workshop is in the game
– Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
– The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
– So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
– The “Auditore” family is mentioned
– The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
– He is a nobleman of Florence
– Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
– YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.
– Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
– You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
– Each weapon has a special move.
– 16 unique mission types.
– No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
– If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
– Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
– Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
– New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, “Brutish” armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you’re near by.
– While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
– You can still climb towers and ride horses
– The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
– There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
– 240 people are working on this title.