Dragon Quest V has sold 1.2 million copies in Japan alone since releasing in July, Edge reports, according to new figures released by Square Enix.
The figure is probably higher as it does not take into account any sales data from 2009.
The title is set for release in the US and Britain later this week.
Here’s all the numbers released, showing sales for the nine months ending December 31.
- Dragon Quest V – 1.19m
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy – 780,000
- Chrono Trigger DS – 710,000
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII – 700,000
- Last Remnant – 490,000
- Final Fantasy IV DS – 480,000
- Infinite Undiscovery – 440,000
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2 DS – 340,000
- Dragon Quest IV – 300,000
- Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume – 160,000