Atari is to publish Namco Museum for 360 this April.
Over 30 games will be included on the disc, such as Pac-Man Championship Edition, Galaxian and Super Pac-Man. There’s probably a bit more Pac-Man in there as well.
Each game will have leaderboards and some are to support multiplay for up to four people.
Press release after the break.
‘NAMCO MUSEUM™: VIRTUAL ARCADE’
CLASSICS NEVER GET OLD, THEY JUST GET BETTER
– NAMCO BANDAI Games Brings the Ultimate Arcade Game Collection to Europe for Xbox 360 this Coming April –
PARIS, FRANCE – 12 February 2009 – NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe today announced that Namco Museum™: Virtual Arcade is heading to European retailers for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft this coming April 2009. Jam-packed with nostalgic favorites and future classics, Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade will keep seasoned and new gamers playing for years to come.
Players can show off their skills and high scores on the leaderboards in a number of titles which originally appeared on Xbox Live® Arcade, including the award-winning Pac-Man Championship Edition™. The compilation also offers the chance to re-live the old school days of classic arcade games with Galaxian™, Super Pac-Man™ and many more rubbing shoulders in a vast compilation spanning over 25 years of arcade hits.
Features of Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade include:
* Over 30 titles: The largest and most comprehensive Namco Museum™ collection to date will keep you and your friends entertained for hours.
* Xbox Live® Arcade Games: No downloading necessary! Now you can get your XBLA fix and play the critically acclaimed and visually spectacular Pac-Man Championship Edition and the underground drilling classic Dig Dug™.
* Leaderboards: Show off your high score worldwide and compete for the #1 spot.
* New Arrangement Games: In their first console debut, 3 beloved games arrive with a new twist, a fresh new look and fun gameplay – Dig Dug Arrangement, Galaga™ Arrangement and Pac-Man Arrangement.
* Legendary Classics: Get nostalgic and play more than 20 retro fan favorites such as Dig Dug™ II, Pole Position™, and Pac-Mania™.
* Multiplayer: Each game supports between one and four players depending on the title.