Rumour: Battlefront III heading back to Pandemic

By Mike, Friday, 16 January 2009 14:13 GMT

battlefront2b.jpg

A very reliable “insider source” has told videogaming247 that Star Wars Battlefront 3 is heading back to Pandemic’s studios in Los Angeles, California.

Pandemic Studios and LucasArts developed the first Battlefront back 2004, with the sequel coming out just a year later.

However, inside of 12 months of Battlefront II’s release, Free Radical Design announced that it would be making a third title in the series. The project was dropped late last year amid FRDs financial difficulties.

Yesterday, alpha footage leaked onto the net that another one our VG247’s contacts told us that footage was indeed real.

We have contacted EA, who owns Pandemic Studios, but as of yet have not been able to reach the publisher for comment.

VG247 is told that this is pretty nailed on, so expect an announcement sooner rather than later.

By Mike Bowden

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments

Headlines

Battlefront 3

Free Radical Design

  • More Star Wars: Battlefront 3 footage emerges

    Star Wars: Battlefront 3 was never formally announced, but that hasn’t stopped footage popping up on the regular.

  • Star Wars: Battlefront III gameplay vid lasts an hour

    Some chap – “Borman18” – has posted a full hour’s worth of Battlefront III gameplay on YouTube, as you can see below. Free Radical was working on this before the studio was closed in 2009 and bought by Crytek. There’s a great deal of content in this movie. Read it and weep. Or watch it […]

Pandemic