One word: Wii. The Nintendo machine is peaking so hard it’s as though it’s been greedy with the after-dinner blotters. The only way is down, Nintendo. The soul-searching in the mirror. The burst veins in the lips. The crumbling, acid-ravaged hole in the gut. Or is it?
Here’s what happened at American retail in November. It’s got nothing to do with class A drugs. Or has it?
- November NPD: Wii sells over 2 million consoles to blitz hardware race
- November NPD: Gears of War 2 pips CoD to number one
- November NPD: US industry nears $3 billion, up 10%
- November NPD: Wrath of the Lich King sells 1.4 million
- November NPD: Biggest American month ever for 360, says Microsoft
- November NPD: Nintendo claims record sales in the US, Wii now over 15 million
- November NPD: Sony focuses on year-to-date growth in post-figures release