NeoGAF’s posted the first details of the next Wolfenstein, now certain to be shown at E3. The info comes from a subs issue of Game Informer. Apparently:
- Pub: Activision, Dev: Raven Software/ID Software
- Takes place in WWII against Nazi’s fully dabbling in the occult
- BJ (the hero) will also make use of supernatural powers.
- Game gives you a city in which the game takes place. Missions and quests take you through different parts. As you complete quests, more of the city opens up. Kind of a non-linear path.
- Set piece and randomly generated activity block your path.
- There is an AI resistance force that will assist you during the game at times. Think of the resistance forces in MGS4 I guess?
- You will also enter “The Shroud”, an alternate reality version of the city. A dimension in which the Nazi’s are drawing power from.
PC, 360 and PS3. As if there was ever any doubt. No date.