Realtime Worlds just sent out a job ad for a community officer to work on upcoming MMO, APB.
You’ll need two years experience doing something similar and you’d be wise to bear in mind the firm’s based in Dundee, Scotland.
All details through the link.
REALTIME WORLDS – creators of the no.1 hit game CRACKDOWN, are looking for a Community Officer to join APB.
Work with a talented team on a high-profile, next generation MMO. Building and managing strong community relations amongst both professional, and fan run websites. Managing and growing a strong active community around the title. Organising and running events, promotions and competitions to increase visibility and profile of the title in all suitable markets
· Daily interaction to build and manage a strong active community based around the title via both the official forums, and external sites.
· Responsible for building and maintaining relations with community news sites and player run fan sites.
· Creation and overseeing of suitable social network sites to maximise reach and coverage of the title.
· Self-manage scheduled tasks and report progress and problems clearly.
· Creation and management of community related events, promotions and competitions.
· Responsible for evaluating and providing detailed feedback on the Status/image of game and game play related issues/comments from both official game forums, and external sites.
· Creation and tracking implementation of community related design docs and briefs.
· Planning and distribution of news, interviews and assets via all suitable channels, and liaising with the relevant departments to secure the assets in required timeframe.
· Identify and evaluate both retention and acquisition strategies, which could be used to raise the community profile of the game.
· Assist in the successful launch of a global MMO title.
· 2+ years’ experience in online community management and moderation, ideally within an MMO environment.
· Firsthand experience of working on an MMO with an active community, ideally with PvP or RvR features.
· Firsthand experience of working with online press / news sites.
· Experience / knowledge of social networking sites, and ways of utilising them to maximum potential.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Good collaborative team skills.
· Posses strong work ethic to meet deadlines.
Knowledge of the following areas a plus
· Familiarity with clan/guild systems and management for online games.
· Creation of events to promote title at shows, press events etc.
· Experience of working on a title during alpha / beta stages.
· Strong games knowledge across multiple platforms and multiple genres particularly MMO and action games.
If you are interested in this position, please complete our recruitment questionnaire located here: Recruitment Questionnaire. Once you have completed the questionnaire, please send your CV along with any current package details to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include Community Officer in the subject line.
Alternatively we can take CV’s and your questionnaires by post at:
Attention: John Duthie
Regarding: Community Officer
Realtime Worlds Ltd.
152 West Marketgait
Dundee DD1 1NJ