According to this GoNintendo report, Ubisoft will handle distribution of Tenchu IV in America and Europe. We’re just checking this with Ubi now.
There are some first, Famitsu-watermarked screens over there as well, and some first details. We’ve put everything after the break. There’s actually no confirmation of platform there, although this was thought to be a Wii exclusive.
– Main characters: Rikimaru and Ayame
– Story: set one year after the riots caused by the Witchcraft Lord “Tenrai”. There are still some evil people behind the scenes that are causing trouble, and gaining in power. There was also an incident involving the kidnapping of princess Kiku (Lord Gouda Matsunoshin’s daughter). Rikimaru and Ayame must find out what is going on with these happenings.
– “Stealth Ninja Action Game”
– developers are saying that this could be the ‘epitome of the series’
– new character designs
– new actors
– both characters have different fighting styles, and “assassination cutscenes”.
– Stealth actions: hide in water, climb on ceilings, sneak around above the ceiling, hide in the dark, hide bodies, hide within caravans to sneak into heavily guarded locations, and more moves completely new to the series
– special move allows you to quickly dispose of a body into water, effectively hiding the corpse
– ninja tools from previous entries return, and have been reworked for Wiimote/Nunchuk control
– www.tenchu.net may be updated on June 7th with info