A mass of media released overnight from a showing of Alone in the Dark in San Francisco on Monday.
The event was led by Phil Harrison himself, who gave video interviews to IGN and GameVideos (links below) and presented a lengthy showing of the game, as you can see in the movies after the break.
There’s a wealth of stuff there for you, and from what we’ve seen this morning the game’s looking genuinely hot.
As Harrison put it, “Technically and creatively they’re hitting a lot of high points. They’re putting the game into a very contemporary setting, but delivering that fantasy horror in a reall effective way, and I think as you saw in the presentation, there are a few moments that are absolute classic videogame moments. Being blown out of the side of a building and seeing the expanse of Central Park laid out in front of you, or driving the 59th Street level when the whole world is collapsing around you: it’s a real outstanding videogame moment.”
Fill your boots. Alone in the Dark’s out for PC and 360 on June 20 in Europe.
- Phil Harrison video interview (IGN)
- Phil Harrison video interview (GameVideos)
- Hands-on with the 360 version (IGN)
- Hands-on with the Wii version (IGN)
- Hands-on preview (Destructoid)
- Hands-on preview (GameShark)
- Eight new HD movies (IGN)
- Audio interview with the developers (GamerTagRadio)
- Soundtrack listing with free samples (GoNintendo)
- New screens (Joystiq)
Two videos of the entire presentation, including an intro from Phil Harrison, after the link thanks to GamerTagRadio.