There’s been a general swelling of rumour about an impending Diablo 3 announcement in the last few months, but Blizzard stamped on it today saying that the company’s focus was firmly on announced products. And that’s that.
“We definitely appreciate that the community has a lot of interest in seeing the Diablo series continue, and we certainly share that desire,” a rep told Shacknews.
“For now, though, our focus remains on StarCraft II and Wrath of the Lich King. I’m afraid I don’t have any new plans to announce at this time.”
The comment follows a seemingly never-ending slew of conspiracy theories this year, which have been nicely summed up by BlizzPlanet:
- Blizzard held a press event at its studio in early May.
- Blizzard is holding its 2008 Worldwide Invitational from June 28-29.
- Diablo II shipped in North America on June 29, 2000.
- Diablo II: Lord of Destruction shipped in Europe on June 29, 2001.
- StarCraft II was announced at last year’s Worldwide Invitational.
Tin foil hats. We want Diablo 3 to be true too. We’re not going to be holding any breath, though.