According to a set of stats published on GamerScoreBlog, more than 2.3 million people played GTA IV on Xbox Live in the game’s first week on sale. From the site:
- In the first week, more than 2.3 million people played Grand Theft Auto IV on Xbox LIVE
- GTA IV is now the number one played game on Xbox LIVE
- Over the weekend, we saw the Xbox LIVE service reach 1 million concurrent users
- Gamers have unlocked more than 12 million achievements worth over 100 million gamerscore points in GTA
- Grand Theft Auto IV set a new record for time played, with the average gamer spending more than four hours playing the game on LIVE in the first week alone
The stats also claim that more than 60 percent of US sales for the title last week were for the Xbox 360 version.
The news follows yesterday’s announcement that GTA IV’s release was the biggest entertainment launch of all time, grossing $500 million in its first week.