We’re not going to lie: we hate Guitar Hero. We are, however, in a clear minority. Therefore, here’s a sheet of information about the DS version, Guitar Hero: On Tour, which, apparently, is a “handheld rockathon”.
Read it yourself.
Guitar Hero®: On Tour Fact Sheet
Product description and key features of the handheld rockathon
Wednesday 16th April/… Following on from its ground-breaking success on home console and PC, the Guitar Hero™ series is coming to Nintendo DS. To celebrate, Activision Inc. and RedOctane have released a fact sheet demonstrating how gamers will now be able to rock out whenever and wherever they want.
For the first time, handheld gamers have the freedom to unleash their inner rock star anytime, anywhere with Guitar Hero®: On Tour. Utilising the revolutionary Guitar Hero™ Guitar Grip™ peripheral that fits snugly into the Nintendo DS and a unique Guitar Hero pick-stylus, Guitar Hero: On Tour brings a new dimension to handheld gaming and gives fans the ability to shred along with their favorite tunes with complete portability.
The game delivers a unique experience by challenging handheld gamers to rock out and prove their shredding skills on the most diverse set list of master tracks ever offered in a Guitar Hero game, including classic rock, alternative and pop favorites.
– Rock out anytime, anywhere – Fans can now take the Guitar Hero experience wherever they go with Guitar Hero: On Tour. The Guitar Hero Guitar Grip is an ergonomic extension that mimics a guitar fret board and fits seamlessly in people’s hands to deliver the same core gameplay that defines Guitar Hero.
– Strum with the stylus – Included with the game is a new Guitar Hero pick-stylus that allows gamers to strum away in style on the touch activated screen of the DS.
– Jam with friends – On a local wireless network, friends can join together to play in co-op mode, or challenge one another in a Guitar Duel using new battle items unique to the DS platform.
– Become a rock legend – Players can blow into the microphone to extinguish a pyrotechnics effects gone wrong, or use the touch screen to autograph a fan’s shirt in the middle of their set.
– Personalize your experience – With a vast collection of Gibson guitars, five unlockable venues and six characters to choose from – including two new rockers exclusive to Guitar Hero: On Tour – gamers can personalize their Guitar Hero experience to their heart’s desire.
– Pick a song, any song – Fans can prove their shredding skills on the most diverse set list of master tracks ever offered on a Guitar Hero game, including classic rock, pop and alternative favorites such as Nirvana, OK Go and No Doubt.