A 12-page feature on Gears of War 2 from the latest edition of Game Informer has been webalized over at NeoGaf, giving a heap of new information on the Epic action sequel. Head over for everything. Quick precise below, courtesy of X3F. There’s tons of character info through both links.
- “We have creatures that make the Brumak look like a baby panda bear.” -Cliff Bleszinski
- “We hear hints of all sorts of new multiplayer features, from dramatically expanded co-op modes to multiplayer content that takes advantage of Unreal’s new ability to deliver huge numbers of the Locust horde at one time, but confirmed details will have to wait until a later date.”
- Different difficulty settings for each player in co-op. One person can play on Hardcore, one on Casual.
- COG Centaur Tank (Monster Truck + Tank) There’s a dedicated level where you get to pilot one.
- Drop in/drop out co-op, with a fourth, easier, difficulty.
- Forced walking scenes replaced with a dynamic conversation camera system (which is skippable).
- Hundreds of Locust troops, all acting independently.
- “Gorgon burst pistol and poison grenades, both of which can become part of your arsenal if you play your cards right”