The game’s not over for Midway, says Zucker

By Patrick Garratt, Friday, 21 March 2008 09:14 GMT

David Zucker, Midway CEO until he resigned yesterday, has given a final interview in which he says time isn’t up for Midway, despite the publisher binning almost $100 million last year.

“I think they’ve been saying that for five years or so,” he said when asked how he’d respond to analysts that reckon it’s “game over” for the company. “It’s all about making great games. We’ve been very focused on building up our technology and positioning ourselves to grow our revenues as we go through this console cycle.”

Zucker added, “We’ve got a strong set of titles for 2008. A combination of both multi-million unit selling franchises – like Mortal Kombat which we’ll have later in the year, the next-generation debut of Mortal Kombat – and Blitz, our 1.5 million unit unlicensed football game. We’ve got NBA Ballers coming up here shortly and some very ambitious and mass market appeal new IP such as Wheelman with Vin Diesel and This is Vegas which we announced recently.”

Read the rest through the link.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments