There’s been a bit of bluster on the web in the last few days because someone posted some shots of the Wii version of Okami running in what appeared to be 4:3 resolution. Fortunately, it wasn’t true. From Capcom’s site:
- New Widescreen (16:9) and 480p progressive scan support.
- Real-time fighting system and special attacks using brush techniques to decimate enemies and solves puzzles.
- Use innovative controls and the Wii remote to “paint” your desired powers.
- Fight against a wide variety of fascinating yet deadly enemies!
- Communicate with unique characters.
- Blend of stylized graphics and unique gameplay results in a rich and dynamic experience.
- Expand your god-like powers as you progress through the game!
Okami was developed by the now defunct Capcom outfit Clover Studios. It’s one of those games that wins awards and no one bought. The Wii version sounds super-swish, so if you’re the type that likes games that no one else buys, pay close attention. It hits Europe at the end of March.