Tag Archives: zynga
Fri, Mar 25, 2011 | 20:28 GMT
More nuggets for your Friday evening are below.
Wed, Mar 23, 2011 | 22:32 GMT
A British man has been sentenced to two years in prison for stealing $11.4 million (£7 million) in virtual currency for the online poker game Zynga Poker.
Mon, Feb 14, 2011 | 05:08 GMT
Thu, Jan 13, 2011 | 10:57 GMT
Mon, Jan 03, 2011 | 17:35 GMT
Merely a month from release, Zynga’s CityVille has attracted the biggest monthly active user count out of any Facebook game or app, tapping into an audience of over 84.2 million monthly players.
Wed, Dec 01, 2010 | 12:18 GMT
FarmVille’s getting a rename as it launches in Japan.
Tue, Nov 23, 2010 | 13:12 GMT
It’s true. The world’s becoming sane again.
Tue, Nov 23, 2010 | 13:06 GMT
Earth’s all the way down there, Mark. Did you bring a parachute?
Thu, Nov 18, 2010 | 06:54 GMT
Farmville creator Zynga’s announced a city-based version of its ultra-popular asset-management line of casual games.
Mon, Oct 25, 2010 | 12:58 BST
Zynga’s confirmed it’s to open up a new office in Ireland.
Fri, Oct 22, 2010 | 09:44 BST
Farmville is a go for iPad.
Mon, Oct 18, 2010 | 21:35 BST
Facebook users don’t have to use dubious apps on the social network to be at risk of a privacy breach. The Wall Street Journal reports that all ten of Facebook’s most popular apps – including Zynga’s Farmville – transmit user information to “at least 25” data mining and advertising firms, in apparent contravention of both Facebook and industry standards.
Sat, Feb 20, 2010 | 16:31 GMT
If you need proof that social gaming is seeping into every corner of the world’s daily life, look no further than Zynga’s FarmVille, which passed the 80 million monthly user mark as of today.
Sat, Jan 16, 2010 | 19:49 GMT
Game publishers and developers are asking gamers to open up their wallets and help out those devastated by the earthquake in Haiti.
Wed, Aug 12, 2009 | 15:43 BST
Here’s a list of the recently announced speakers and what they will be discussing:
- Craig Alexander , VP, Product Development, Turbine: MMOs to Consoles – Challenges, Opportunities and Emerging Trends
- Brandon Barber, VP Marketing, Zynga: What Are The Stickiest Design Models and How Are They Monetized?
- Bill Dalton, Technical Director, BioWare Austin: Come and See the Elephant – Challenges Encountered Growing an MMO
- Raph Koster, President, Metaplace: Games are Math: 10 Core Mechanics That Drive Compelling Gameplay
- Jeffrey Kesselman, Chief Technology Officer, Rebel Monkey: The Monkey Wrench: Design and Architecture of an Online Environment
- Jesse Schell, Faculty, ETC Carnegie Mellon, CEO, Schell Games, Laralyn McWilliams, Creative Director, Sony Online Entertainment, Matthew Schwartz, Senior Designer, Cartoon Network: Reaching A New Demographic: Kids AND Their Parents
- Craig Sherman, CEO, Gaia Online: Next Phase of Casual Games: How to Make the Free-To-Play Model Work for You
- Richard Weil, Director of Community Relations, Cartoon Network, Rebecca Newton, Head of Safety, CrispThinking.com: Kids and Gaming-One Year Later. Still Keeping up with your ABCs?
The full press release is after the break.
Sat, Jul 04, 2009 | 16:14 BST
Zynga’s social networking game Mafia Wars has hit four million users.
According to Gamasutra, daily players have doubled over the last three months, and like most free-to-play titles, it’s micro-transaction based should you choose to purchase items.
To help build on the success of this genre, Zynga has hired game designer Brian Reynolds whose previous works include Alpha Centauri and Rise of Nations.
The browser-based multiplayer RPG is available on Myspace, Facebook, Yahoo Games and iPhone.
We had no idea how popular it was, despite the barrage of Facebook invitations we get for it in a single day. But there ya go.