Tag Archives: VGAs 2009
Mon, Dec 14, 2009 | 13:45 GMT
2K’s just put out a press release for Spec Ops: The Line, the Yager shooter announced that the VGAs this weekend. Read the whole thing here and watch the first video after the break.
The game “unfolds within the destroyed opulence of Dubai,” apparently, and sees US Army Colonel John Konrad “and his loyal squad remained behind to protect those incapable of escape.”
Pumping. It’s out for PC, PS3 and 360 next year. Looks pretty shooty, soldier.
Mon, Dec 14, 2009 | 12:44 GMT
Reveals aside, you probably want to know who actually won what at the VGAs this year. See below.
- Game of the Year: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- Studio of the Year: Rocksteady Studios
- Best Independent Game: Flower
- Best Xbox 360 Game: Left 4 Dead 2
- Best PS3 Game: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- Best Wii Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Best PC Game: Dragon Age: Origins
- Best Handheld Game: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
- Best Shooter: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter IV
- Best Action Adventure Game: Assassin’s Creed II
- Best RPG: Dragon Age: Origins
- Best Multiplayer Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Best Individual Sports Game: UFC 2009 Undisputed
- Best Team Sports Game: NHL 10
- Best Driving Game: Forza Motorsport 3
- Best Music Game: The Beatles: Rock Band
- Best Soundtrack: DJ Hero
- Best Original Score: Halo 3: ODST
- Best Graphics: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- Best Game Based On A Movie/TV Show: South Park Let’s Go Tower Defense Play!
- Best Performance By A Human Female: Megan Fox (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
- Best Performance By A Human Male: Hugh Jackman (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)
- Best Cast: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- Best Voice: Jack Black (Brütal Legend)
- Best Downloadable Game: Shadow Complex
- Best DLC: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Most Anticipated Game of 2010: God of War III
Mon, Dec 14, 2009 | 16:28 GMT
Below’s a list of all the reveals and news that came out of the Spike VGAs at the weekend.
Big stuff there. Be sure to watch all the video. You can get all the news and general bits of gossip from the liveblog.
- Spec Ops: The Line announced and trailered
- VGAs – Who won what
- VGAs – Force Unleashed II announced, trailered
- VGAs – Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands movie shows movie themes
- VGAs – Tron Evolution looks pretty much as you thought it would
- VGAs – True Crime trailered, United Front developing
- VGAs – First Crackdown 2 gameplay trailer reveals glide suit
- VGAs – Medal of Honor gets awesome debut trailer
- VGAs – Halo: Reach trailer shows engine, new armour
- VGAs – Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 trailered
- VGAs – Halo: Reach trailer shows engine, new armour
- Spike 2009 Video Game Awards Liveblog is a GO!
Mon, Dec 14, 2009 | 11:11 GMT
Missed this one yesterday. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II was announced and trailered at the VGAs over the weekend, as you can see after the break.
It’s CG-only, showing the Apprentice facing off against large, nasty things in an arena.
Have a watch. It’s out next year.
Sun, Dec 13, 2009 | 12:22 GMT
Sun, Dec 13, 2009 | 10:47 GMT
Activision trailered a True Crime reboot at the VGAs last night, as you can see after the break.
Canadian developer United Front‘s doing the work. It’s the same outfit behind ModNation Racers.
The new game’s set in China, featuring an undercover cop against the Triads. For those that may not remember, True Crime: Streets of L.A. was originally developed by Luxoflux, and released in 2003.
A sequel, True Crime: New York City, released in 2005, again by Luxoflux.
There’s no date on this. Get all the rest of the show news from Steph’s liveblog.
Sun, Dec 13, 2009 | 10:07 GMT
EA dropped the first Medal of Honor at the VGAs last night as promised, and very bloody awesome it looks too.
The shooter reboot’s set in modern-day Afghanistan. There’s no denying the quality here.
It’s out for PC, 360 and PS3 at the end of next year. Get all the rest of the show news from Steph’s liveblog.
Sun, Dec 13, 2009 | 09:56 GMT
Hit the link for the first Halo: Reach trailer, which debuted last night at the Spike VGAs.
Looks as though Bungie’s gone for the “beefy” look this time round, armour-skulls and all.
Quite hard not to be excited about this, to be honest. Even if it does feel a little “Army of Two”.
It’s out next year. Get all the rest of the show news from Steph’s liveblog.
Thu, Apr 22, 2010 | 20:04 BST
Hit the link for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2′s reveal trailer. The game was announced at last night’s Spike VGAs.
This, Ringo, is great news. Watch and see why. There’s no date, but the end of next year is probably a safe bet.
Thu, Dec 10, 2009 | 08:18 GMT
This weekend’s VGAs will see a new clip from the Prince of Persia movie aired, according to the almighty Geoff Keighley’s super-Twitter.
Banny rabbit beefcake Jake Gyllenhaal himself will be on hand to intro the new footage.
The VGAs air on Saturday at 8pm EST.
Mon, Dec 07, 2009 | 17:45 GMT
Yet more from Geoff Keighley’s Twitter account. The Spike presenter’s confirmed that UFC Undisputed 2010 will be aired for the first time at the VGAs this weekend.
Woo. We want to see sweat on their sweat this time. And some suggestive thrusting, obviously.
The VGAs take place this Saturday.
Mon, Dec 07, 2009 | 08:37 GMT
Halo Reach’s premiere at the VGAs next week will be a true, in-game showing of the title and looks set to debut 2010′s biggest game “by far,” if Spike’s Geoff Keighley’s comments on the latest Major Nelson podcast are to be believed.
“At the VGAs we’re actually going to be able to go down on the planet Reach and see this game for the first time,” said the presenter.
“It’s all going to be in-game stuff. This is not CG, this is not live action, like all the kids on Twitter are speculating. You’re going to get a first glimpse of the world of Reach, which is phenomenal.
He added: “I think it’s going to be the biggest game of next year by far. Folks loved ODST and thought it was great, but when people see the huge leap forward Bungie’s taking with Reach… Everyone I’ve talked to that’s been on the team and seen it is incredibly excited about that game.”
Hot shit. These quotes are pretty much the first thing Keighley says in his segment. Listen to the file at about 1.18.
The VGAs take place on December 12.
Mon, Nov 30, 2009 | 18:41 GMT
GT has live a teaser for an unnamed game for the VGAs in a couple of weeks.
Nobody knows what it is, although most people are saying it is Stranglehold 2.
But superannuation is hinting that the game is in fact Treyarch’s Black Lotus, which seemed to be canned a while back.
What can it be?
Find the teaser after the break.
Mon, Nov 23, 2009 | 04:34 GMT
GTTV host Geoff Keighley has tweeted that there is still ten more games to be announced for the VGAs next month on December 12.
Speaking in a update, he said: “I think we have around 10 games still unannounced.”
He tweeted a while ago that there will be more announcements coming this week.
Thu, Oct 22, 2009 | 16:15 BST
Last year’s VGA’s had the reveal of Dante’s Inferno, Uncharted 2 and Fight Night: Round 4, as well as a new trailer of God of War III.
But what about the VGA’s 2009? Geoff Keighley’s said in an interview with Coin-op TV (via BigDownload) to expect more of the same.
“We haven’t announced any exclusives, but I promise you we’ve got some amazing stuff,” said Keighley.
“And one cool thing this year is we’re actually going to be announcing a lot of games at the show. There are some games that are announced you haven’t seen yet you might see at the show. But we’re actually going to break a lot of news at the VGA’s, it’s gonna be sort of like E3.”
Lovely. Megatons just before Christmas. Find the full video after the break.