Tag Archives: VG247 Community and Game Awards 2009
Mon, Dec 14, 2009 | 10:13 GMT
Now we’re on the verge of wrapping up 2009, it’s time to reflect on what’s been and gone this year. The good times. The bad times. The community. The tears. The pain. The typing in pants at 4.00am. The megatons. The games. The companies. The faces. The CMS telling people to stop posting so quickly. The glory times.
For VG247, 2009 has been exceptional, mainly for the strength of its ever-growing community. We’re nothing without you, so these awards are our way of saying thank you. We hope you had fun. If you’ve won a prize, mail patrick [at] vg247.com with your address, and I’ll make sure you get it before Christmas.
To the game-makers and publishers included this year, we want to say a massive congratulations for everything you’ve achieved in the past 12 months. These awards are purely based on reader votes. Your tiny plastic trophy, straight from the heart of the VG247 community, is on its way.
Big up. Here’s to 2010!
Best Poster (Overall)
Congratulations, Blerk. You win a DJ Hero Renegade Edition for 360.
Best Poster (Trade)
Well done, Mr Text. You get a DSi and a copy of Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics.
Spectacular stuff, TEA. You won by a landslide. You get promo copies of Forza 3 and Assassin’s Creed II (PS3), and a retail copy of the Age of Empires Complete Edition.
Even though BDH attracted the most votes for this by far, the majority abstained, specifically because they felt no one should be banned. I’m not going to ban anyone.
We Are The Mod
Congrats, PT. I think. If you want to do it, you’re welcome. If not, it’s on PUD. If not, it’s Blerk. If not…
Best Publisher of 2009
Best Developer of 2009
- Naughty Dog
- Infinity Ward
Best Game of 2009
- Uncharted 2
- Modern Warfare 2
- Assassin’s Creed II
Most Anticipated Game of 2010
- Mass Effect 2
- God of War III
- Alan Wake
Thu, Dec 10, 2009 | 07:51 GMT
Mon, Dec 07, 2009 | 19:28 GMT
And here we are. Another year almost done, and we’re still here. Why? Because you read the website. Better than that, you spend your time getting involved and making VG247 what it is by commenting, giving us your feedback, suggesting upgrades and pressing F5 when it matters. Without you we’re nothing. It’s time to give something back.
Below are details on the second VG247 community awards. We’re adding game awards as well this year. You matter. They’re watching.
VG247 Community Awards 2009
- Best Poster (Overall) – There’s no specific criteria for this. Which community member was “best”? Do as thou wilt. The winner gets a retail DJ Hero Renegade Edition for 360.
- Best Poster (Trade) – Rightly or wrongly, we’re reporting on a subject surrounded by a ridiculous amount of bluff and misinformation. This award should go to the reader who did the best job this year of adding depth to our trade coverage. The winner gets a blue DSi and a copy of Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics.
- Best Fanboy – VG247′s community wouldn’t be what it is without insane people fighting over bits of plastic. While we’re reticent to applaud those that clearly struggle with the concept of “perspective” in their day-to-day lives, there’s something oddly romantic about a childish mentalist having schadenfreude sex-wees every time someone charges for something or a port’s framerate drops. Whoever wins this gets promo copies of Forza 3 and Assassin’s Creed II (PS3), and a retail copy of the Age of Empires Complete Edition. Because, you know, it could go either way.
- The Shatner – We did a lot of thinking about whether or not to do this, but given the fact the entire site’s indelibly stained with Shatner’s blood – to his delight, no doubt – it’d be churlish to deny him his legacy. You’re voting for a proper twat here. The Shatner isn’t awarded to a “fanboy”. Whoever wins this award should be a relentless troll exploiting our lenient banning policy for selfish means, someone apparently committed to behaving in a way specifically designed to damage VG247 and its general user experience. The prize? Whoever wins gets banned for the next 12 months. From one legend to another. Choose carefully, kids.
- We are the mod – We need a mod to watch for and delete spam in both the comments and on the forum. Nothing else. Vote for someone who can be granted admin rights and won’t turn into a Nazi.
VG247 Game Awards 2009
- Best Publisher – One company only, please.
- Best Developer – This is going to be tough, but there can be only one. Not two. One.
- Best Game of 2009 – It’s been a fantastic year. We’re not going to give a shortlist, but you can only vote for one game each. Don’t fuck with our mojos by giving us a 1-100 list, or anything stupid.
- Most Anticipated Game of 2010 – We don’t need to explain this, right? Again, please nominate only one game.
How to vote – Mail your nominations to patrick [at] vg247.com with the subject “VG247 community awards 2009″. We’ll announce all the winners next Monday, December 14, so everyone will get their prizes before Christmas.