Tag Archives: UFC 2009 Undisputed
Wed, Nov 04, 2009 | 23:09 GMT
THQ’s Q2 2010 financial call to investors has just ending, during which it was announced that UFC 2009 Undisputed has been in the top five on the NPD charts for the last nine months.
This information was also included in the fiscal figures released to the public, and pertains to both the Xbox 360 and PS3 version.
CEO Brian Farrell said during the call to investors earlier that UFC 2009 Undisputed was just one of the titles that will continue bringing revenue in for the company during the coming months.
More through the link.
Fri, Jul 31, 2009 | 08:57 BST
THQ’s confirmed the worldwide 360 and PS3 release of the much-wanted UFC Undisputed patch. Full details here.
The update’s main thrust is assigning “loss” status to those that disconnect prematurely from matches. There can be no cheating in the octagon, kids.
Hit the link for more.
Wed, Jul 08, 2009 | 17:49 BST
THQ has released some of the patch notes for UFC 2009: Undisputed.
The upcoming patch should fix the following issues:
- Premature match quitting is the biggest online issue. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to zero.
- Adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues
- Adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
- Adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
- Increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
- Lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
- Removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so it will only show whole percentages.
- Addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
- For PS3 users– fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.
No word on when to expect the patch just yet but Neven Dravinski, UFC Producer, says that it will be released soon.
Thu, Jun 11, 2009 | 07:37 BST
THQ confirmed this morning that a UFC Undisputed patch aimed at fixing “online cheating via disconnecting from multiplayer matches” is on the way.
There’s no timescale on the update as yet, but mat-rolling man-sweaters in the crowd can look forward to combat justice “as soon as possible.”
Thu, May 28, 2009 | 15:20 BST
Looks as though popular lightweight fighter Clay ‘The Carpenter’ Guida’s absence from UFC 2009 Undisputed was because of his long hair.
During development, the hair on his character caused clipping and collision detection issues making him unplayable, so he was taken out of it.
According to 5th Round, THQ supposedly offered Guida money to cut his hair so he could be kept in-game, but he refused.
Bit strange, that.
Clipping issues were also an issue with left-handed fighters like Rich Franklin, and instead of the developers asking the fighter to switch styles, they were just given a right-hand stance in the game.
Thu, Apr 23, 2009 | 19:02 BST
Thu, Apr 23, 2009 | 14:09 BST
THQ sent word that the demo for UFC 2009 Undisputed is now available for Xbox 360, and later today for PS3.
The demo features an exhibition bout between Chuck ‘Iceman’ Liddell and Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua. The three-round match takes place in the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, with Mario Yamasaki as referee.
Only Xbox 360 gold members will get the demo today, so those of us still wallowing in silver will have to wait a bit longer.
Game’s out May 22.
Thu, Apr 16, 2009 | 18:52 BST
Target announced today a new reservation program beginning April 19, where for only one dollar you can pre-order games using a collectible reservation card.
Upon returning to the store within seven days of the game’s release, you will get back your collectible card along with a $5 gift card to use towards a future purchase.
“We’ve created a reservation guarantee that ensures guests will get their hands on popular games the day they are released, and a $5 GiftCard upon purchase adds even more value,” said Target VP Mark Schindele.
“We are constantly striving to make sure our guests find everything they need to work, live and play all in one convenient and simplified shopping experience.”
The program ushers in the release of Punch Out!, EA Sports Active, Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, and UFC 2009 Undisputed.
Full press release below.
Thu, Apr 16, 2009 | 17:38 BST
Over on the official community pages for UFC 2009 Undisputed, it says a demo for the title will land on PS3 and Xbox 360 April 23.
No details were added on which fighters you’ll get to try.
The game’s expected to release May 19.
Sat, Feb 28, 2009 | 22:51 GMT
The new UFC 2009 Undisputed video you’ll find after the break shows Cheick Kongo’s intro. It’s a very short one at that.
The game was released yesterday in the UK for PS3 and Xbox 360. The US should get it sometime this year.
Sat, Jun 21, 2008 | 19:44 BST
Fri, Jun 20, 2008 | 13:41 BST
THQ’s confirmed the next Ultimate Fighting Championship game is called UFC 2009 Undisputed, and will release for 360 and PS3 early next year.
Including 80 top fighters across five weight classes the game will feature commentators, announcers, referees, trainers, Octagon girls “and more”.
In keeping with the rest of the series, “Photorealistic models are at the forefront, as players will view amazing ripple effects across the faces and bodies of their fighters from the impact of devastating punches and kicks.”
Hot shit. Press release after the link.