Tag Archives: titan pack
Thu, Mar 19, 2009 | 07:39 GMT
Epic’s releasing the huge Titan Pack expansion for the PS3 version of UT3 today, as confirmed on the PS Blog.
The update’s completely free, and will be made available through the PS Store.
There’s a ton of stuff included in the DLC, sch as new gametypes Greed and Betrayal, “the Titan mutator, 19 maps, the Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon weapons, the Stealthbender vehicle, the Slow Field power-up, and characters Kana and Nova.”
The pack has already been released for the game’s PC version, and won’t make it to the 360 SKU at all.
Considering you can buy the PS3 version for £18 from Play, there’s never been a better time to get involved.
Wed, Mar 11, 2009 | 16:23 GMT
To celebrate the fact Unreal Tournament 3: Black – Titan Pack included – has seen an increase of over 2,000% in simultaneous UT3 player numbers since it debuted on March 5, Valve’s extending the its 40 percent off sale through March 22
There’s going to be another free play weekend starting this Friday, March 13.
Preloading for the free weekend begins today, so check it out.
Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | 16:16 GMT
Epic just released the Titan Pack for the PC version of Unreal Tournament 3.
The PS3 version was delayed by two weeks this morning.
The DLC contains a proper bunch of new contain, such as, according to BeyondUnreal:
- 16 new maps + 3 bonus pack 1 maps
- Titan mutator
- Greed and Betrayal gametypes
- Stinger Turret, Eradicator Cannon Artillery and the Stealthbender vehicle
- X-Ray Field and Link Station Deployables
- Slow-Field power-up (pickup version of the deployable of the same name)
- Two new characters: Nova (Liandri) and Kana (Ronin)
- 57 Steam Achievements
- Major enhancements, incuding AI, network performance, menu and UI, better mod support
- Client-side demo recording, updated server browser, new maplist system, mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality
Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | 07:44 GMT
The PS3 version of Unreal Tournament’s Titan Pack has been delayed, Epic’s confirmed.
The console version will now release on March 19.
“Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, the certification process for the PS3 patch and DLC has taken much longer than we expected,” said Epic’s Steven Polge in this forum post.
“As a result, we have been forced to push back the release date for the PS3 version to 3/19.”
The Pack was supposed to ship today.
It includes a ton of free content. Get details here.
It’s a PC and PS3 affair only. Here‘s why 360 owners won’t get it.
Sat, Feb 21, 2009 | 15:13 GMT
Want to know why the Unreal Tournament 3 Titan Pack won’t be released on 360? Simple, really: there’s loads of reasons.
This from an Epic email sent to fans, as published by Destructoid:
The file size limitations prevent us from releasing it, not to mention we have things like split-screen support (which 360 already has), maps that are already in the 360 version, the integrated mod browser (which 360 doesn’t support)… the list goes on. Obviously, we are big supporters of Xbox 360 (Gears, anyone?) but there are significant hurdles keeping us from shipping the Titan Pack for Microsoft’s platform.
And there we are. More through the link.
Thu, Feb 19, 2009 | 07:25 GMT
Epic’s confirmed a major new pack for Unreal Tournament 3.
The Titan Pack will release on March 5, and will contain the following, according to BeyondUnreal:
- Two new gametypes: Greed and Betrayal
- One new mutator: Titans
- 16 new maps: 6 Deathmatch, 4 Warfare, 3 CTF, 3 VCTF
- Two new weapons: Stinger Turret and The Eradicator Cannon
- Two new deployables: The X-Ray Field and the Link Station
- One new powerup: The Portable Slow Field
- Two new characters: Kana of the Ronin and Nova of Liandri
- One new vehicle: The Axon Stealthbender
- All due on: March 5, 2009.