Tag Archives: star wars battlefront 3
Mon, May 06, 2013 | 03:10 BST
Thu, Apr 11, 2013 | 08:28 BST
Star Wars: Battlefront 3 was said to be coming next from LucasArts after digital shooter Star War: First Assault tested the waters. Both games have now been canned, but gameplay footage of the new Battlefront 3 has emerged in the wild.
Tue, Dec 04, 2012 | 11:02 GMT
Star Wars: Battlefront 3 was a mediocre game that was around 75% complete when it was binned, an anonymous ex-LucasArts employee has revealed, stating that the game was canned as developer Free Radical “Continually missed dates and deliveries.” The statement follows claims from Free Radical co-founder Steve Ellis that the game was 99% complete and was binned for financial reasons. Get both sides of the story below.
Sat, Dec 01, 2012 | 13:57 GMT
Sat, May 15, 2010 | 18:41 BST
A massive rumor, and one not to get too excited over because – well it’s a rumor – has GameSpy accidentally outing Star Wars: Battlefront 3.
Sat, Dec 12, 2009 | 15:51 GMT
Casting director Chris Marazzo has confirmed to Battlefront 3.net that he has been working closely with Lucasarts on not only Battlefront 3, but the 2006 release of Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption.
Rumors started circulating this week regarding the project, so BF3.net contacted Marazzo and received this reply:
“Thanks for getting in touch. The Original Title was Battlefront 3 but it evolved into Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. However Battlefront 3 is also in development. It was by far the most fun and coolest casting I ever worked on.”
Marazzo also told the site that he would try and send over some Battlefront 3 storyboards “by the end of the week”. If you look at his portfolio, it states that he has “cast over 200 Commercials and various projects in NY and LA, including most recently STAR WARS: Battlefront 3 with Lucas Arts”.
Hit the links for more.
Meanwhile, we’ll contact Lucasarts and see what it has to say about all of this.
Fri, Jan 16, 2009 | 11:06 GMT
A VG247 insider source informed us this morning that yesterday’s leaked Battlefront 3 footage is indeed real.
“It’s real enough, looks like a compilation of footage from sometime last year,” said the source to videogaming247, confirming that it indeed come from the alleged internal alpha meeting back in November.
The footage (below) looks really rather good, so we’re a bit gutted that Star Wars Battlefront 3 has seemingly been put on hold for the time being.
By Mike Bowden
Thu, Jan 15, 2009 | 16:38 GMT
Kotaku‘s got hold of what it says is some leaked footage of Free Radical’s Star Wars Battlefront 3.
The footage was apparently taken from an internal alpha meeting with Free Radical back in November.
Free Radical Design was put up for sale last year and subsequently cut its workforce from 140 to 40 in a bid to keep its head above water.
Footage after the break.
By Mike Bowden