Tag Archives: soul calibur IV
Tue, Jun 01, 2010 | 16:47 BST
Microsoft has added MOH Airborne and Soulcalibur IV to its Games on Demand service.
Thu, Feb 12, 2009 | 18:30 GMT
Namco Bandai slipped out its financial results while the Acti Blizz Q4 call was in full swing last night, revealing Soul Calibur IV as its best seller in its fourth quarter.
The company closed out Q4 with a net income of ¥9,019,000,000 ($100 million), with global sales figures for the following games being posted:
- Soul Calibur IV – 2.26 million copies
- Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit – 730,000
- WE SKI – 590,000
- Gundam Musou 2 – 590,000
- Active Life Outdoor Challenge – 550,000
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 – 530,000
- Super Robot Wars Z – 510,000
- Taiko Drum Master for DS 2 – 500,000
- Mobile Suit Gundam Gundam VS. Gundam – 440,000
- Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 – 420,000
Maybe now Soul Calibur IV fans will get some good DLC. Looks as though Namco can afford it.
Mon, Oct 20, 2008 | 11:49 BST
Namco Bandai has revealed that Darth Vader and Yoda will be available as downloadbale content this Thursday for 400 MS Points. We’re still waiting on a confirmation of a Euro price for PSN, but it’ll cost our American bed-fellows $4.99.
The two characters were previously console specific, and they still are, until Thursday, of course.
By Mike Bowden
Fri, Oct 17, 2008 | 12:49 BST
Dengeki Online’s got the first official screens of Yoda fighting Vader in Soul Calibur IV, and has confirmed that the two characters will be available to the other’s version of the game via DLC.
As of October 23 in Japan, Yoda will be available as PS3 DLC for ¥600 (US$5.93), and Vader will go for 400 Microsoft Points.
No detail on when the move will happen out west. Rest assured it will, obviously.
Fri, Aug 22, 2008 | 10:50 BST
Thu, Aug 21, 2008 | 09:12 BST
It’s not Soul Calibur IV, but it’s still a nice consolation. PS.blog sends word that everyone’s favorite Spartan god-smacker will be available as DLC in Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds.
Come this Thursday, you’ll be able to experience the fruits of an epic collaboration between Clap Hanz and the God of War team, which endowed super-deformed Kratos with all of his properly-proportioned counterpart’s characteristics.
Well, except for post-game threesomes.
Mon, Aug 11, 2008 | 20:10 BST
Wii Fit bounced back to the top of the UK software this week, knocking last week’s leader, Ubisoft’s Soulcalibur IV, off the top spot. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is still hanging in there too. Wonder why?
Data for week ending August 9 is as follows:
- Wii Fit
- Soul Calibur IV
- Mario Kart Wii
- Big Beach Sports
- Wii Play
- Guitar Hero III
- Guitar Hero: On Tour
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
- Dr Kawashima Brain Training
By Mike Bowden
Thu, Aug 07, 2008 | 09:52 BST
PSP’s still going strong in Japan, it seems, with Phantasy Star Universe going top in its first week in the charts. If you look close enough, you’ll see that there’s a 360 title thrown in there too: Soul Calibur IV to be precise. Nintendo however, still has an iron grip on the scene, making up half of the Japanese top ten.
List below. Thanks NeoGaf.
01. [PSP] Phantasy Star Universe – (Sega) – 342,000 / 342,000
02. [NDS] Rhythm Heaven Gold – (Nintendo) – 213,000 / 213,000
03. [NDS] Dragon Quest V – (Square Enix) – 112,000 / 946,000
04. [PS3] Soul Calibur IV – (Namco Bandai) – 75,000 / 75,000
05. [PS2] Powerful Pro Baseball 15 – (KONAMI) – 37,000 / 121,000
06.  Soul Calibur IV – (Namco Bandai) – 35,000 / 35,000
07. [Wii] Fatal Frame IV – (Nintendo) – 33,000 / 33,000
08. [Wii] Wii Fit – (Nintendo) – 32,000 / 2,442,000
09. [Wii] Mario Kart Wii – (Nintendo) – 23,000 / 1,633,000
10. [PSP] Gundam Battle Universe – - (Namco Bandai) – 21,000 / 201,000
By Mike Bowden
Sat, Jul 26, 2008 | 17:44 BST
After the break there’s a movie of Yoda fighting Darth Vader in Soul Calibur IV. This kind of wasn’t supposed to happen: Yoda’s was billed as a 360-exclusive character, Vader as PS3-only. The rumour accompanying the video is that both will be made available for the other version as DLC. You can’t really argue with that footage.
Fri, Jul 18, 2008 | 08:54 BST
Joystiq learned at E3 this week that a Soul Calibur IV demo will not be available until after the game’s released later this month.
Namco Bandai would not be pushed on the matter, only saying it will be ready sometime “down the road.”
Soul Calibur IV is released on PS3 and Xbox 360 on July 29.
By Mike Bowden
Wed, Jul 09, 2008 | 21:01 BST
We’ve just been told that the install on current UK Soul Calibur IV PS3 code is optional, not mandatory as is being reported by US sites.
As we reported earlier this evening, the fighter’s install is 2.85Gb, with saves coming in at 2Mb.
We’ll check this with Ubisoft tomorrow.
Wed, Jul 09, 2008 | 20:31 BST
According to this PS3F story, Soul Calibur IV mandatory PS3 install is going to cost you 2.85Gb of hard drive space.
Saves weigh in t 2Mb each, apparently. That’s not so bad, is it? Not for a fighting game that looks so stupidly good. Not in our book.
More through the link.
Tue, Jul 08, 2008 | 08:08 BST
Tue, Jul 08, 2008 | 17:04 BST
On Joystiq. This video, all by itself, has sold the game to us completely. Fuck the stage: just look at Siegfried. We must own that. Amazing stuff. Game’s out on August 1 in Europe.
Sun, Jul 06, 2008 | 19:30 BST
According to this AngryPixel report, Soul Calibur IV won’t be releasing in India because distributor Ubisoft’s refusing to drop prices for the market.
Indian games distributor e-Xpress said it won’t be buying in the title because of Ubisoft’s stance, and fears – in India, at least – are now that many future Ubisoft games may be blocked from release in the country. Including Fallout 3.
More through the link.
Sat, Jul 05, 2008 | 07:15 BST
Wed, Jul 02, 2008 | 14:12 BST
Ubi’s just posted shots of all the stuff you can get by pre-ordering Soul Calibur IV in the UK.
Take a look. Game’s out on August 1.
Wed, Jul 02, 2008 | 10:04 BST
The BBFC has given Soul Calibur IV a 12 rating, thanks in part to the fact you can’t strip the female characters to the nude.
“The game… contains some female warrior characters with exaggerated ‘curvy’ figures accentuated by skimpy costumes,” said the body. “They are presented in a comic book manner and although the game allows characters’ costumes to be customised, the player is not able to create a character with full breast or buttock nudity.”
Game’s out on August 1.
Wed, Jun 25, 2008 | 16:22 BST
The new Famitsu has hit the Japanese streets and those busy bi-lingual internet beavers have translated a section containing loads of new Soul Calibur IV information.
The info is:
- Custom characters: Complete freedom for use of parts, color change, and cloth combinations.
- Custom characters: Body build and muscle are also adjustable, there’s a 100 levels of modification.
- Custom characters: You can change fighting styles and abilities.
- Custom characters: 50 character slots.
- Custom characters: Use parts obtained and equipment bought; you can build ninja looking characters.
- Custom characters: You can edit 20 parts of the character, you can also change voice depths, also equip parts on existing characters.
- Custom characters: Adjusting both structure and muscle build makes appearance change more visible.
- Custom characters: Appearance and voice can be modified at will.
- Single-player story mode: There will be character swapping.
- Single-player story mode: Character change can be used to perform combos, but it depletes a meter on screen in the lower left/right side.
- Single-player story mode: Teammates may suddenly join and leave at the end of the battle.
- Soulless Tower mode: A Single-player mode, the goal is to reach the top.
Soulless Tower mode: Each level has treasure chests filled with goodies.
Soulless Tower mode: Opponents have the ability to swap out while fighting players.
Soulless Tower mode: You can choose multiple CAS or existing characters, CAS may be the key to victory.
Soul Calibur IV will be released on August 1 for 360 and PS3.
Thanks to Aske from Neogaf.
By Mike Bowden
Tue, Jun 24, 2008 | 21:57 BST
The latest issue of EGM is rumouring that God of War’s Kratos is about to be announced as a Soul Calibur IV character.
At least it’ll be a better fit that Vader and Yoda. No idea if there’s any truth in this at all. Thanks, NeoGaf.