Tag Archives: Red Faction: Guerrilla
Mon, Aug 12, 2013 | 15:30 BST
Saints Row 4 senior producer Jim Boone has explained to VG247 why it would be literally impossible to create a fully Geo-Mod enabled edition of the sandbox game – complete with all the destruction of the team’s Red Faction series – on current-gen formats.
Tue, Sep 11, 2012 | 18:33 BST
The Red Faction Collection and Swedish Indie Pack are part of Steam’s Midweek Madness sale.
Tue, Jan 18, 2011 | 06:51 GMT
Sony’s detailed a massive sale for the EU PS Store, full to the brim of DLC and games. Who fancies the GTA IV DLC on the cheap?
Fri, Feb 19, 2010 | 15:38 GMT
Wed, Feb 03, 2010 | 15:53 GMT
Direct2Drive’s launched a European branch of its digital distribution store, catering specifically to European customers.
Fri, Oct 16, 2009 | 22:41 BST
The THQ sale over on Steam is winding down, and through the weekend, you can get all Red Faction games for 25 percent off the suggested price.
This includes Red Faction: Guerrilla $29.99, Red Faction and Red Faction II for $7.49 each and a Red Faction Complete Pack for $44.97.
It all ends after the weekend, so hurry up if you want any of it.
Wed, Oct 07, 2009 | 16:18 BST
Volition has updated the multiplayer for Red Faction: Guerrilla and has applied the following list of changes:
- Disabled the following playlists: Bagman, Large Team Mixer, Big Boomers, MLG Playlist
- Added Bagman and Capture The Flag modes to the Partial Recall playlist (Only viewable to those with the Multiplayer DLC Pack).
- Added DLC levels to Anarchy, Team Anarchy, and Team Objective playlists.
- Team Bagman will now have non-DLC maps available in Matchmaking, but the DLC maps will maintain a higher priority.
- Balance adjustments include: Rail Driver will now have 12 max ammo instead of 24; Sniper Rifle will now have 8 max ammo instead of 12; Proximity Mines will now have 2 max ammo instead of 4; Heal Backpack will take longer to recharge; Vision Backpack will take longer to recharge and use fuel faster; Stealth Backpack will now use fuel faster; Firepower Backpack will now take longer to recharge.
These changes are live on Xbox 360 now and should be made available for PS3 within the next couple of hours.
Fri, Sep 25, 2009 | 18:55 BST
Volition made good on yesterday’s promise and has revealed the third bit of DLC for Red Faction: Guerrilla, and its called the “Smasher Pack”.
Available October 1 for PS3 and Xbox 360, it has 8 new maps for multiplayer mode Wrecking Crew, and a new “Behemoth” mode allowing players to switch out the usual weapons for Walkers.
Each of the three main Walkers from the single-player campaign will now be available for use in Behemoth mode.
It will be priced at 400 MS Points on Live and $4.99 on PSN.
There is a Volition montage video of the crew playing it over on the official site.
Tue, Sep 15, 2009 | 22:01 BST
Loads more info is available on Steam, and through each game link, but Evil Avatar has it all broken down for you.
Wed, Sep 09, 2009 | 21:03 BST
Running from September 11 -13 is the Red Faction: Guerrilla Double XP Weekend which applies only to the new playlist, Big Boomers.
Big Boomers, an alternative gameplay mode within the multiplayer, levels out the playing field and is a bit more fast-paced.
There’s loads of information over on the official forums, if you wanna brush up on a few things before the fragging commences.
It all sounds rather interesting.
Wed, Aug 26, 2009 | 15:26 BST
Tue, Aug 25, 2009 | 17:59 BST
Volition has revealed via the official Red Faction: Guerrilla website details for DLC Pack 2.
There is also a video showcasing some of the new features, including some of the 8 new maps and 2 new modes, which are listed below.
New Maps (playable on all but Siege):
- Team Bagman
The modes were present in Red Faction 2, and your objective in both is to grab or protect the bag, and then keep it for as long as possible.
Both can also be played on all of the non-DLC maps as well, and Volition is planning to release the DLC for PS3 and Xbox 360 on September 17 for 560 MS Points, or $7.00 on PSN.
Hit the link for more, plus the video.
Thu, Aug 13, 2009 | 17:40 BST
THQ wants to celebrate the launch of the Demons of the Badlands DLC for Red Faction: Guerrilla, by giving away a customized Red Faction Xbox 360.
To enter the contest, all you have to do is register with myTHQ.
It’s worth a shot at least. Ya never know – the stars might align just right for you.
More information through the link.
Thu, Aug 06, 2009 | 16:21 BST
Looks like there was a snafu this morning over on Major Nelson’s Xbox Live update page regarding the new DLC for Red Faction: Guerrilla.
The site had Demons of the Badlands listed as available for download, which confused some folks because it as not set to hit until August 13.
Well, it’s not available folks, sorry to tell you.
Guess we’ll all just have to wait until the 13th after all.
Thu, Aug 06, 2009 | 13:16 BST
Red Faction: Guerrilla add-on, Demons of the Badlands, is now up on Live for 800 MSP.
Break free and experience the all new single player game in this prequel chapter of the Red Faction universe. Mariner Valley, the once peaceful home of the Marauder people, has been torched and defiled by the EDF. The Marauders demand vengeance and Samanya leads the revolt. Set several years before the arrival of Alec Mason on Mars, take control of Samanya to explore the Mariner Valley outside of Tharsis. Exact your revenge with 7 all new weapons including the Spiker machine gun and Marauder Missilepod, and 3 new vehicles including the Punisher walker. Perfect your guerrilla tactics with 11 new actions including raids and demolitions. Show off your skills with 10 new unlockable achievements. Take control and lead the Marauder revolution.
More from Nelson.
Tue, Aug 04, 2009 | 21:13 BST
Volition has outlined an upcoming patch for Red Faction: Guerrilla.
All three of the main game modes are receiving an upgrade, and while the patch has yet to be finalized, Volition promises it will be made available very soon for both PS3 and Xbox 360.
Here are the full notes:
- New Wrecking Crew mode – Challenge Mode: There are 3 rounds of distinct submode/weapon/backpack settings per level. Each participant plays through all 3 rounds to try to get the highest score possible. Challenge Mode is the best way to enjoy WC by yourself, and we’re also allowing all modes to be played with a single player.
- Wrecking Crew Leaderboards: Your scores for Challenge Mode only are automatically uploaded to leaderboards (1 per level) so you can compare how you’re doing against your friends and the world. Leaderboards are only available for Challenge Mode.
- Bonus Wrecking Crew levels unlocked: The 4 pre-order bonus WC levels are now unlocked for everyone, giving you 10 levels in which to blow everything away.
- Weapon and Backpack disabling in Multiplayer: Prevent any specific backpacks or weapons from spawning in a level within a custom match.
- XP multiplier for matchmaking playlists: Double XP playlists are now possible (and will be used).
- Ore Deposits on Minimap: Mining ore that hasn’t been mined will now show up as purple pulsing dots on the minimap. This will help players to obtain the “Working the Land” achievement/trophy.
- Support for upcoming DLC: Demons of the Badlands, our first DLC pack, will be released on August 13th.
- House Arrest icons now reflect their proper completion status after you finish the last mission.
- Convoy spawning is now fixed after you finish the last mission. Previously some convoys would be prevented from spawning.
- Scale of some icons on the full-screen map and minimap has been fixed.
- Parties are no longer allowed to matchmake into Anarchy through the “Any Playlist” selection option.
- Ties no longer count as losses on the MP leaderboards.
- Various minor matchmaking fixes.
Fri, Jul 31, 2009 | 10:53 BST
THQ CEO Brian Farrell said in the company’s financial call to investors yesterday that if THQ were to be graded on Red Faction: Guerrilla’s release – it would have received a “B”.
“Frankly, I think on the next generation of Red Faction: Guerrilla we need to do a better job of creating day one demand,” he admitted. “That being said, we do like the sales curve that its been exhibiting which shows that quality and word of mouth and downloadable content matters.
“I’d give us a B on the launch of Red Faction Guerilla. I think we did a good job, but I think we can do a better job with the next generation creating day one demand. As you know we moved the title a couple of times. That’s doesn’t help. I’m very pleased with a lot of the strides we’ve made recently, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do some things better.
“The amount it’s been dropping off, week after week, has been something that would indicate good word of mouth on the game based on the high Metacritic ratings.
“We are pleased to have established Red Faction Guerilla as a franchise on current gen consoles. Red Action Gorilla achieved an average metacritic rating of 85 and we have shipped more than one million units of this title to date. The game was a top ten best seller in the U.S. and the U.K. in June.
“We plan to drive future sales of Red Faction with continued advertising support and new downloadable content. We plan to continue to build this franchise by leverage Red Faction Guerilla’s outstanding technology platform in the future.
“We look at it as a revenue opportunity, but more importantly what we’ve learned with DLC is customer retention and customer engagement, primarily to prevent trade in and used games and to keep that brand active with the consumer.
“So when we look at DLC, the revenue, it’s not that great. It’s good, but we also like the fact that it keeps the customers engaged with our games for a long period of time.
You read the full thing through here.
Tue, Jul 28, 2009 | 22:26 BST
THQ boss Brian Farrell just confirmed that Red Faction: Guerrilla has now sold more than 1 million units.
The news came as part of the firm’s Q1 earnings conference call.
Farrell held the game up as an example of the company’s commitment to quality: the firm’s games are achieving an MC average rating of 84 percent this year, compared to a 80 percent last year.
Tue, Jul 28, 2009 | 20:03 BST
Matt Toschlog, president of Reactor Zero, Rick White, producer at Volition, and physics programmer Eric Arnold answered questions posed by PC Games Hardware regarding whether Red Faction: Guerrilla would support versions DirectX beyond DirectX 10 – namely 10.1 or 11.
Reagrding this, Toschlog said that the reason the PC version is being released later than the console versions was so extra work on supporting DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 could be accomplished. Also, the developers wanted to add some extra graphical features such as Sun Shafts (God Rays) and Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion.
“We’re supporting Direct X 9 and Direct X 10,” Toschlog told the site. “Since we’re supporting both DX 9 and DX 10, the PC code was actually more complicated than if we’d just supported one API.
“That said, some things were easier under DX 10. In particular, we know that all DX 10 devices will support features such as hardware PCF shadow mapping.
“The graphics are largely the same under DX 9 and DX 10. A few advanced features – such as Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion – only work under DX 10. As for speed, there isn’t a big difference between the two APIs.
“It’s true that most features can be done with both DX 9 and DX 10. Since Direct X is the dominant API on the PC, we expect to be using whatever new versions are available for years to come.”
Just not with this title, apparently.
Game’s out for PC September 15 in the US.
Thu, Jul 16, 2009 | 20:05 BST
THQ announced a date for Red Faction: Guerrilla on PC yesterday.
Today, new screens have been released for it.
Eurogamer France has ‘em.