Tag Archives: Pokemon Platinum
Thu, Feb 12, 2009 | 11:59 GMT
Pokémon Platinum, an extended version of 2007′s Diamond and Pearl, will release in the UK on May 22.
New stuff in the latest for the monster-hunting RPG includes enhanced Wi-Fi combat and a “brand new Distortion World, governed by neither time nor space”.
Which sounds sensational. More on CVG.
Mon, Jan 05, 2009 | 08:37 GMT
Happy New Year. We’re glad we shut down over Christmas. You didn’t miss a whole lot.
By far the most important story over the break was news that Free Radical cut its workforce by 140 to just 40.
The developer was confirmed as being in administration just before the Christmas holiday.
Speaking to 1UP, Cameron Gunn of administrators ReSolve Partners said, “We made around 140 employees redundant yesterday, effective 31 December (the date up to which they had been paid). We’re still trading on with the remaining 40 or so employees, have advertised the business for sale and have received some strong interest.”
News broke mid-December that staff had turned up for work only to be locked with a notice on the door telling them to adjourn to a nearby hotel.
Free Radical aside, other noteworthy Christmas news included confirmation that Mistwalker JRPG Cry On has been cancelled.
“AQI decided to cancel the project after analyzing the current market environment and forecasts for the future. We deeply apologize for troubling those who were awaiting its release,” said a company rep.
Cry On was apparently part of “Hironobu Sakaguchi’s triumvirate of Xbox 360 titles,” says this 1UP piece (the other two being Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey), and for those of you who don’t know, the game “was to be an action-RPG featuring a Nobuo Uematsu soundtrack [and] character designs by Kimihiko Fujisaka.”
Full round up below.
Thu, Sep 18, 2008 | 06:41 BST
Two big success stories this week in Japan: Pokemon Platinum and Infinite Undiscovery. The power of Pokemon clearly hasn’t waned that much, with the latest in the series nearly hitting 1 million sales in two days, and Square 360 RPG flies in at number three with a respectable 90,000 debut. Microsoft’s probably quite pleased.
1. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Nintendo) 963,000 / NEW
2. [NDS] Quiz Magic Academy DS (Konami) 119,000 / NEW
3.  Infinite Undiscovery (Square Enix) 90,000 / NEW
4. [WII] One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 – Nami ni Yureru Hihou (Namco Bandai) 61,000 / NEW
5. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Heaven (Nintendo) 56,000 / 723,000
6. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 25,000 / 2,635,000
7. [PS2] D.Gray-man: Sousha no Shikaku (Konami) 15,000 NEW
8. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) 14,000 / 1,762,000
9. [NDS] Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Nintendo) 14,000 / 340,000
10. [PS2] J-League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship (Konami) 13,000 / 148,000
Wed, Sep 17, 2008 | 18:01 BST