Tag Archives: Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned
Fri, May 13, 2011 | 05:32 BST
Where do video games go when they die? According to Disney Interactive, they get reborn, sort of, inside other, more popular games.
Thu, Oct 14, 2010 | 22:45 BST
Disney has canceled production of its action-RPG Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned amid lay-offs at Propaganda Studios.
Fri, Jun 05, 2009 | 19:54 BST
Propaganda says that choices the player makes in Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned will effect gameplay elements, alliances, and quests in the upcoming action RPG.
“It’s fundamentally about choices,” said director Alex Peters to Kotaku. “The choices you make and decisions you take change the direction the story is going…the outcome of the story, your character.
“You can be the pirate you want to be…you can do something else…create your own adventure. It affects the world around you; the economy and the way people react to you.”
Peters said the epic size of the game fell along the lines of Dragon Age, Fable and Oblivion and while as not heavily action oriented as Fable, there is quiet a but of sea combat.
More through the link along with new screens.
Tue, Jun 02, 2009 | 15:31 BST
Disney will have loads of games on hand at E3 this week. Some you will want to play, some you will want for your kids.
We have broken it down for you here:
- Split/Second – Early 2010 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned – Fall 2010 (PC, unannounced consoles)
- Toy Story Mania! – Fall 2009 (Wii)
- Spectrobes: Origins – Fall 2009 (Wii)
- Disney Sing It: Pop Hits – Fall 2009 (PS3, Wii) (PS2 available in Europe only)
- Club Penguin and Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force – Out Now (DS, PC, Mac)
- KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days – Fall 2009 (DS)
- G-Force – July 21 (DS, PC, PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
- The Princess & The Frog – November 2009 (DS, Wii)
- Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure – Fall 2009 (DS)
- Disney’s A Christmas Carol – November 3 (DS)
- Cars Race-O-Rama – October 2009 (DS, PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
- Hannah Montana: Rock Out The Show – August 4 (PSP)
- JONAS – Fall 2009 (DS)
- Wizards of Waverly Place – August 25 (DS)
Mobile games and full details on each title are after the break.
Tue, May 26, 2009 | 23:46 BST
Disney and Propaganda are working on an open-world action-RPG in the Pirates of the Caribbean series called Armada of the Damned for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.
The setting and story take place before the Pirates movies and players will have to make moral decisions, build their characters, vessels and – of course – deal with a supernatural pirate world.
“We want to make sure our game creates a sense a freedom in how you decide to live your pirate life,” said Alex Peters.
“We are trying to make experiences in the Caribbean similar to those featured in the movies so you can expect to see some supernatural elements mixed in with realism.”
Speaking with IGN, the game’s director also said that the game’s action takes place on both land and sea, while players interact with the nation powers who inhabit the Caribbean. Encounters such as these can change your loyalties and choices over the course of the game.
A release date has yet to be announced, but expect more from E3.
Loads more information is through the link.