Tag Archives: Paul Holden
Wed, Nov 18, 2009 | 09:04 GMT
LittleBigPlanet’s showing no real sign of slowing down in terms of people actually using it to make stuff. Lead architect Paul Holden’s told GI that user-generated levels now top 1.3 million, up from an announced 1 million this summer.
“The figures are obviously changing daily,” said Holden, speaking at the Montreal Games Summit.
“The last figures I saw were there is over 1.3 million levels.”
Someone should tell Sony boss Kaz Hirai – he said at TGS that the game now contained more than 2 million user-created levels.
Wed, Aug 12, 2009 | 17:13 BST
Montreal International Game Summit organizers officially revealed the five headline speakers who will keynote the sixth annual industry event November 16 and 17.
The official keynote speakers include:
- Yoichi Wada is President and CEO of Square Enix Group, will share his vision of the future of video game development.
- Paul Holden of Media Molecule will speak about challenges encountered in developing LBP.
- Valve’s Jason Holtman will talk Steam and the SOURCE engine.
- Heather Chaplin, author of Smartbomb: The Question for Art Entertainment & Big Bucks in the Videogame Revolution.
- Chris Hecker from Maxis/EA will deliver the closing session where he will attempt to answer the question “Can videogames be considered as cultural products in the same way as literature or theatre?”
Full press release is below.